• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #48 CLUB : THE INTERGALACTIC BEACH CLUB II
11 11

332 posts in this topic

I bought this years ago in the early 80s.  I have been getting most of my GA graded but decided to send in a couple of SA Marvels.  Shipment arrived today.  Pretty much what I had it pegged for as far as grade. The colors are better than the scan shows.  Still trying to get my adjustments set on my new scanner.

1699971685_Fantasticfour48cgc5.0ow-w.thumb.jpg.6f430307536fe1910adf6b8dd17a31e9.jpg

2 hours ago, telerites said:

I bought this years ago in the early 80s.  I have been getting most of my GA graded but decided to send in a couple of SA Marvels.  Shipment arrived today.  Pretty much what I had it pegged for as far as grade. The colors are better than the scan shows.  Still trying to get my adjustments set on my new scanner.

1699971685_Fantasticfour48cgc5.0ow-w.thumb.jpg.6f430307536fe1910adf6b8dd17a31e9.jpg

Great looking mid-grade! :headbang:

-J.

Wow. CGC 9.2 copies are hitting $6500 now. I wonder what a solid CGC 9.4 would go for now? The latest GPA sale was $9,000 for the old label 9.4 that sold in the February Heritage Signature Auction, but that booked looked more like a 9.2 with the spine and top edge issues.

18 minutes ago, kimik said:

Wow. CGC 9.2 copies are hitting $6500 now. I wonder what a solid CGC 9.4 would go for now? The latest GPA sale was $9,000 for the old label 9.4 that sold in the February Heritage Signature Auction, but that booked looked more like a 9.2 with the spine and top edge issues.

Whoa, I hadn't noticed this issue was doubling and quadrupling in price since 2017.  What the heck is driving it?!?!  The number of copies being sold still looks high in GPA relative to all other Silver Age Marvel issues, so this is surprising.

FF and X-Men keys jumped when the Disney/Fox deal was first announced and have kept running ever since then.

That being said, I was speculating on FF #48 from 5 to 3 years ago, but dumped the copies I had accumulated too early (pre-acquisition  :frustrated:) since prices were not running up as fast as I had hoped they would. :tonofbricks:

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

FF and X-Men keys jumped when the Disney/Fox deal was first announced and have kept running ever since then.

Holy moly, you're right, all of my X-Men and FFs have jumped by 50% to 100% in the last two years.  I had no idea.  :whatthe:

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Almost every Marvel BA and SA key has seen a nice bump/is starting to see one now. 

I've noticed also.  It isn't just X-Men + FF books.  Anything Spidey is on fire, and all other Marvel SA keys going up again.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:54 AM, Jtwpantera said:

I bought this as a blue label 9.2 and cracked it to add Stan Lee and Joe Sinnott signatures to it back in 2016.  I always meant to get a good scan, but since that does not seem to be happening the picture will have to do.

Screenshot_20190325-074751_Amazon Drive.jpg

Nice sig placements!

On 3/22/2019 at 7:25 PM, MadJimJaspers said:

I heard marvel might be planning to buy the x-men and fantastic four franchises back. We'll just have to wait and see!

In case you missed the comments above that merger has been in the works for awhile now, and was officially completed recently. So deal is done 😉.

12 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

In case you missed the comments above that merger has been in the works for awhile now, and was officially completed recently. So deal is done 😉.

I hadn't heard, but I assume Stan Lee will have something to say about this!