• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con Wheaton, IL December 13, 2014

36 posts in this topic

I would love to attend this show but somebody has to tell me it's worth it. By accident, while attending a flea market at the same site and already paying something like 7.00 bucks to get in to that flea market, I see the Might Con. Okay, I paid the additional 5 bucks to get in and left without purchasing a thing. No real dealers, just a bunch of locals trying to dump their drek in dollar boxes.

Please tell me I am wrong, there will be some quality stuff there. I don't care about the free comic, nor the toys, nor the dollar boxes. Will anybody be there with something more than this ? I hate attending a show and coming back empty handed.

I would love to attend this show but somebody has to tell me it's worth it. By accident, while attending a flea market at the same site and already paying something like 7.00 bucks to get in to that flea market, I see the Might Con. Okay, I paid the additional 5 bucks to get in and left without purchasing a thing. No real dealers, just a bunch of locals trying to dump their drek in dollar boxes.

Please tell me I am wrong, there will be some quality stuff there. I don't care about the free comic, nor the toys, nor the dollar boxes. Will anybody be there with something more than this ? I hate attending a show and coming back empty handed.

Well according to the website, if First Aid Comics and John Hauser Comics are there, they usually have good stuff. Also If Angel Medina is there you could pick up a stetch from him.

i had the same experience. if medina will be there i may give this show a shot (if its not snowing like crazy).

I will be set up at the show. This will be my third Mighty Con. Please feel free to PM me your wants.

Anything from Marvel's Star Comics, 80's Independent titles, Edge of Spider Verse, Death of Wolvie etc. I will have copper/modern keys, both raw and slabbed. I also have a small selection of silver age material. Mainly lower grade books with good eye appeal. Avengers #6-40, X-men #5-40 and FF #30-60.

I believe it is a tradition for RCheli to buy a book from me at each Mighty Con I set up at. ASM annual #2 comes to mind. :wishluck:

I will be set up at the show. This will be my third Mighty Con. Please feel free to PM me your wants.

Anything from Marvel's Star Comics, 80's Independent titles, Edge of Spider Verse, Death of Wolvie etc. I will have copper/modern keys, both raw and slabbed. I also have a small selection of silver age material. Mainly lower grade books with good eye appeal. Avengers #6-40, X-men #5-40 and FF #30-60.

I believe it is a tradition for Red84 to buy a book from me at each Mighty Con I set up at. ASM annual #2 comes to mind. :wishluck:

Fixed that for you. lol ASM Annual 2, Lois Lane 70, Hulk 180

I believe it is a tradition for RCheli to buy a book from me at each Mighty Con I set up at. ASM annual #2 comes to mind. :wishluck:

:applause:

I may go to this, would it be worth coming from Peoria, IL (about 3 hours out, give or take)?

Uh... Well, look. There likely won't be many other shows until after the holidays. You probably won't hit much traffic because it's on the right side of Chicago for you.

But it's more of an old-school show than a modern convention. (No cos-play, maybe only one artist, etc.)

If your focus is golden age, I wouldn't go. But there was plenty of Silver and Bronze and a lot of Modern stuff.