• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren Ellis's 'Global Frequency' pilot ordered by Fox

7 posts in this topic

Fox Orders Pilot For DC Comics’ GLOBAL FREQUENCY

84290-18041-105712-1-global-frequency.jpg

-----------------------

According to Deadline, Fox has committed to producing a pilot to another DC Comics-inspired property. "Global Frequency," based on the 12-issue mini-series of the same name published by DC Comics' Wildstorm Publications, centers around a secret global organization that solves crimes by enlisting the services of 1,001 operatives. It was created by comic book writer Warren Ellis ("Red"), who will also be an executive produder for the show, along with Jerry Bruckheimer, Rockne S. O'Bannon and Jonathan Littman. O'Bannon, the creator of Farscape and Defiance, will be writing the pilot.

-----------------------

Was this a good series?

To elaborate: it's sort of like Planetary in that it's episodic (different artist on each of the 12 issues) but with an overarching narrative tying everything together.

I can see it working well as a TV series if done properly. As long as you had some credible actors playing Aleph and Miranda Zero I don't know that you'd need any star power - in fact using relative unknowns would actually work pretty well given the subject matter.

Some of the very best episodes (the biological super-soldier one, the Japanese agent infiltrating the hospital one, the "red right hand" one, the Russian spy with a teleportation wormhole in his head one) have small casts, which would play into the TV format too.

I love the kinetic harpoon episode too - the last one - and could see that being a good season finale.

The pessimist in me says that if they try to deviate from the source material with anyone other than Warren Ellis writing, it could be a disaster.