• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic connect??

15 posts in this topic

I have sometimes checked what comic connect has for sale, but I have never even put a bid in there.... because when do auctions end?

There is just a BIN price, and then one can make offers, but it seems I have seen the same comics on there for months if not years.

I wanna know when an auctions ends if I bid on it... can it really be true that there is no end on the auctions at comic connect?

Come to think of it... part of comic link (there is a 'real' auction part too) seems to be the same.... which is why Ebay has so much success I guess. I have bought hundreds of books on Ebay, in here etc... and none on Clink and CC.

You are not doing it right. When you go to their site, look to the left of the screen for monthly or event auctions and click on it.

There are books for sale, and books that are on auction. Looks like you are on the for sale pages.

You are not doing it right. When you go to their site, look to the left of the screen for monthly or event auctions and click on it.

There are books for sale, and books that are on auction. Looks like you are on the for sale pages.

Yes, that must be it. Unfortunately the only books there I have been interested in are just for sale then - usually at FMV++++++++ prices.

I think you're only looking at the BIN items.

So go to the main page, and on the left side where it says "BROWSE BY", click either "Monthly Auctions" (typically items under $400 or so) or "Event Auctions" (the really nice stuff). Browse the book you are interested in, and then you will see the precise Time Left and End Time. Works like eBay. Always had good experiences with CC's auctions.

Good luck.

So go to the main page, and on the left side where it says "BROWSE BY", click either "Monthly Auctions" (typically items under $400 or so) or "Event Auctions" (the really nice stuff). Browse the book you are interested in, and then you will see the precise Time Left and End Time. Works like eBay. Always had good experiences with CC's auctions.

Good luck.

+1

It's a pretty straightforward site.

Good luck.

Almost.

I just checked.

I have been looking at "all items", but the books I would be interested in are all only BIN.

Too bad.

Unfortunately the only books there I have been interested in are just for sale then - usually at FMV++++++++ prices.

Bear in mind that many or most of their BIN books are consignment items where the price is set by the seller, not CC. That's what the offer function is for, to start negotiations and maybe get the seller down.

I have been looking at "all items", but the books I would be interested in are all only BIN.

"All items" means that, so it's a mix of BIN items and auction items. The auction items are listed first (with bid-ending deadlines), and then the BIN items follow, with the offer function.

Unfortunately the only books there I have been interested in are just for sale then - usually at FMV++++++++ prices.

Bear in mind that many or most of their BIN books are consignment items where the price is set by the seller, not CC. That's what the offer function is for, to start negotiations and maybe get the seller down.

Ok. Fair enough. I just think those items generally are way overpriced. But that is probably the reason why they are not auctioned - because the sellers are hoping to get more than they are actually worth (as determined by the market).

Metro has the "Newest 100 Books" link...... I've found some excellent material there..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Metro has the "Newest 100 Books" link...... I've found some excellent material there..... GOD BLESS....

Agreed. There is gold to be found in the "Newest 100 Books" link, just gotta check it every couple of days.

...... and with Metro, the listing is deleted as soon as the book sells... so you'd never know what you missed. Bob Storms site is that way also.... it really pays to check both of them regularly.... there are MANY books on both sites that don't last more than a few hours.... GOD BLESS...