• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Juno Beach said:

$15 500 - Two and half hours to go!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303869246022?ul_noapp=true

Even my brother, when I shared it on Facebook, said he'd like to have it. I told him a lovely price or estimate price if he wants it, and he said "SHEESH!"

:roflmao:

And that's the way it was, and thats the way the cookie crumbles, thats the way I like it uh huh, uh huh! :tonofbricks:

44 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

A sweet sketch I picked up a few years back

IMG_0368.thumb.JPG.d30fd244f352e148bea2aa66dcddf9e2.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

I'm afraid at the cost! But  :takeit:

Man, I want a Campbell and artgerm, may be out of my price range, but I can drool. :)

I semi finally got a Campbell, he drew a slice of pizza, and artgerm sometimes is affordable, I'm rambling lol

Congrats!

On 2/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm afraid at the cost! But  :takeit:

Man, I want a Campbell and artgerm, may be out of my price range, but I can drool. :)

I semi finally got a Campbell, he drew a slice of pizza, and artgerm sometimes is affordable, I'm rambling lol

Congrats!

My bid was so close.  Only off by $19,000.  :roflmao:

4 hours ago, HotKey said:

Just got my first order from him today, I was not expecting him to use packing tape inside geminis. ☹

20210216_121048.jpg

Maybe because I always order a set, but my books have always come bubble wrapped.  However, that bubble wrap has always been taped with packaging tape.  Should probably ask them to start using painters tape.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
42 minutes ago, Wheels38 said:

Has anyone ever bought JSC's original art off of his website? I'm just wondering how crazy expensive it is or if there is a slimmer of hope if I save for awhile lol

I think I inquired once.  If I remember correctly, it's as ludicrously priced as you would expect

I was going to wait till someone more in tune to post, but I likewise inquired once.

I asked if any was close to $3,000 just because I'd enjoy original art rather than a $1,500 sketch cover imo.

I remember getting the general idea in response that it was a bit more, and that maybe his preliminaries were more my speed.

This may have been a foot in mouth moment lol idk, because I only have like 2 pieces of oa and they were quite a bit less...

This is if my memory serves 

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was going to wait till someone more in tune to post, but I likewise inquired once.

I asked if any was close to $3,000 just because I'd enjoy original art rather than a $1,500 sketch cover imo.

I remember getting the general idea in response that it was a bit more, and that maybe his preliminaries were more my speed.

This may have been a foot in mouth moment lol idk, because I only have like 2 pieces of oa and they were quite a bit less...

I figured that was the answer but I just thought I would ask! haha Thanks for the feedback!

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Too rich to qualify for stimulus checks.  Too poor to afford grail OAs.  ¬¬

Edited by ExNihilo

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well to be fair oa is expensive, especially depending on the artist ha

I'm having the hardest time of late focusing on what to purchase and what not to purchase.  I'll see OA and be like "oooh, I want that".  Then I'll see a book I need to round out my collection and suddenly I'll want that instead.  This morning I had to talk myself out of buying the Jim Lee X-Men's Artist Edition (signed/numbered).  Yesterday I saw an artists Instagram announcing opening of commission list.  It wasn't even an artist that I followed or would have thought about getting commissioned work from and yet there I was pondering whether to reach out for additional details or not.  doh!

I need to create a priority list or something and just work my way down.  But I guess if I do that it'll be years before I buy anything new since the top of my list would be like Jim Lee OA which costs an arm and a leg.