• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Oskywalker said:

I was checking my collection and I realized I have a problem with ASM 18

20210702_105436.jpg

Lol So Cool!

I remember when it became for sale, where I was and what I was doing, that is some sweet Campbell :x

Just seeing that homage at the time brought back a flood of memories ha.

Congrats!

I think we can change the name of this thread from:

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread

to:

The official J Scott Campbell Depreciation/Discussion Thread

:baiting:

Edited by divad
JK

On 8/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, sleeper13 said:

Its been awhile but from what i remember Campbell does not regularly sketch or do a sketch covers at conventions anymore (of course there are exceptions) If you buy a good amount of stuff at his table you may be able to get a quick doodle or remark.  My opinion is that it never hurts to ask.  I got this from him years ago.

D011B1ED-C6EC-414F-B112-2A1321DBC27D.jpeg

Impressive indeed (part of me wonders what it would take to pry from you in trade lol ) Awesome!

Anybody have experience buying from JSCPremium? I just ordered 2 books that were half price (Black Widow #1 virgin and Eternals #1 virgin) after a week or so they cancelled my order and sent me a refund. No explanation. I am in Canada but the site says they ship north of the border. I checked and the books are still showing for sale on the site…

My first experience with buying from them. I have contacted and still awaiting explanation. These guys flakey or legit? 

*UPDATE* All good they got back with me and I missed an e-mail that they send to new customers to make sure the transaction was indeed authorized by me. They reinstated transaction and books are coming my way. Seems like they are on top of things there and a decent place to deal with - will see for sure once books arrive. Great deal on the signed books at half price. 

My first post here and it was a bit of a fizzle. I went from stomping mad to feeling dumb that I missed their e-mail. Anyway, just started collecting again after leaving it for a few years and found the boards. Apparently based on pricing I am seeing now I should have jumped back in a few years ago. Some of my favorite books seem to be unattainable now. Sold my collection to do a home renovation and now see that books like Avengers 1 and X-men 1 have gone up 100 times what I sold them for…

I had multiples of Star Wars 1, Eternals, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk that were $1 comics and am surprised to see those thru the roof. Well for better or worse - I am back to collecting what I have loved since buying Swamp-Thing #1 off the spinner rack. Buying signature books and 1 of a kind sketch covers of key issues now. Picking up the odd Silver or Bronze key to replace my beloved long time collection. Loving some of the new (to me) artists now though including Campbell. Have a couple of books in for the in house signing. 

Okay, now I’m rambling- appreciate all of the members here and the obvious knowledge represented. Hoping I can find my way once again ✌️

Jester

Edited by KingsJester
Updated info

On 8/20/2021 at 11:45 AM, KingsJester said:

Anybody have experience buying from JSCPremium? I just ordered 2 books that were half price (Black Widow #1 virgin and Eternals #1 virgin) after a week or so they cancelled my order and sent me a refund. No explanation. I am in Canada but the site says they ship north of the border. I checked and the books are still showing for sale on the site…

My first experience with buying from them. I have contacted and still awaiting explanation. These guys flakey or legit? 

*UPDATE* All good they got back with me and I missed an e-mail that they send to new customers to make sure the transaction was indeed authorized by me. They reinstated transaction and books are coming my way. Seems like they are on top of things there and a decent place to deal with - will see for sure once books arrive. Great deal on the signed books at half price. 

My first post here and it was a bit of a fizzle. I went from stomping mad to feeling dumb that I missed their e-mail. Anyway, just started collecting again after leaving it for a few years and found the boards. Apparently based on pricing I am seeing now I should have jumped back in a few years ago. Some of my favorite books seem to be unattainable now. Sold my collection to do a home renovation and now see that books like Avengers 1 and X-men 1 have gone up 100 times what I sold them for…

I had multiples of Star Wars 1, Eternals, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk that were $1 comics and am surprised to see those thru the roof. Well for better or worse - I am back to collecting what I have loved since buying Swamp-Thing #1 off the spinner rack. Buying signature books and 1 of a kind sketch covers of key issues now. Picking up the odd Silver or Bronze key to replace my beloved long time collection. Loving some of the new (to me) artists now though including Campbell. Have a couple of books in for the in house signing. 

Okay, now I’m rambling- appreciate all of the members here and the obvious knowledge represented. Hoping I can find my way once again ✌️

Jester

Lol no worries it happens 

You felt understandably give the info you currently had, but @KingsJester I'm just glad it worked out :tink:

On 8/18/2021 at 4:00 AM, Gul123 said:

Does anyone know at a convention how much does Campbell charge for a sketch ?

odds are, whatever the price was pre-pandemic will no longer apply, and will be much higher now.

Also, unless you want to watch him draw it live, you might want to contact him through is website and ask, or maybe commission one ahead of time and pick it up at the convention.  Hell for  the right price, he might film the drawing at home for you.  Either way he's got a real working website better than most artists.

good luck

Edited by revat