• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Got this in a mystery box today - really cool cover, love that he drew so many different characters...

But - what's up with Cap's legs? Is it just me, or are his legs way too big and too low for his torso?

IMG_3252.thumb.JPG.b8e2d57e2e34cac6e887b07c35c3ccb0.JPG

Lol glad you pointed to it

When I zoomed in on phone it was like I had entered the 5th dimension ha.

Still from far off not too bad

On 9/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, IbukiLord said:

Picked up an ASM 607 today, the case is cracked at the top so got it for a steal, planning to crack and press it, the graders notes give me hope for a grade bump with a press.

a0Jwm50.jpg

That is one of my favorite covers by him! Smart getting it regraded because I would be worried I would cut myself on that case haha Best of luck and great find!

On 7/9/2021 at 11:44 PM, divad said:

I think we can change the name of this thread from:

to:

The official J Scott Campbell Depreciation/Discussion Thread

:baiting:

Kind of sad isn’t it

It’s been interesting seeing how a lot of his *very desired* books have really come down significantly, especially when compared to the comic boom of 21. 

This further emphasizes my point of buying a book with the simple and straight forward desire to own it, exclusively, with no other intentions. 
That way, if the value does drop, I don’t care. 

On 10/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, D2 said:
On 7/9/2021 at 8:44 PM, divad said:

I think we can change the name of this thread from:

to:

The official J Scott Campbell Depreciation/Discussion Thread

:baiting:

Expand  

Kind of sad isn’t it

It’s been interesting seeing how a lot of his *very desired* books have really come down significantly, especially when compared to the comic boom of 21. 

This further emphasizes my point of buying a book with the simple and straight forward desire to own it, exclusively, with no other intentions. 

I don't fault him for it at all, but he really really tried to hard (and I think was generally successful for himself) to cash in on his popularity and maximize his personal wave with near infinite amounts of various "exclusive" covers.  But at some point even the most ardent JSC fans have to think "How much money can person spend on JSC comics?  And have I reached that amount?"  or "How many near identical variants of the same comic do I need?  Especially if so many are made that they will never go up in value?"  Its not great for the 2nd-hand market, but I appreciate that he's tried something new in the market to take more control of his financial situation, even though I really have no idea how well it's worked.    I applaud the attempt.  

On 10/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, D2 said:

Kind of sad isn’t it

Which of his very desired books have come down significantly, specifically?

-J.