• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I wanted to share with you all the new German X-Men 1 with the sketch cover of the Uncanny X-Men 510 J S Campbell.  This has just been released and has both a Trade and a Virgin version and is limited to 200 copies.  This is the Panini Blu-Box version.

X-M1.jpg

X-M2.jpg

Edited by TK2

I don't collect much in the way of indie titles, but I do enjoy re-tellings of classic childhood stories (think Hook, Wicked, Maleficent).  Plus JSC art on top of that?  I ran out and picked up these copies of Alice Ever After #1 at lunch as soon as I found out about them.

Weirdly, there are 3 covers (trade dress, virgin, ink).  The Trade dress was supposed to be a normal variant offering.  The virgin was intended to be 1:10.  And the ink was supposed to be 1:50.  But turns out there was a mistake somewhere so the virgin was produced in normal quantities, the ink was distributed as 1:10, and the trade dress was distributed as 1:50.

Cool cover, I just wish JSC had continued the symmetry and had modern day Alice holding a mug of coffee/tea.

ghostridercrainSET_ed5d7997-92f2-481c-be71-44a568ffee94_1024x1024.jpg?v=1649197786

AliceEverAfter_001_Cover_F_Campbell_Sketch_Variant.jpg

Edited by ExNihilo

On 4/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, ExNihilo said:

I don't collect much in the way of indie titles, but I do enjoy re-tellings of classic childhood stories (think Hook, Wicked, Maleficent).  Plus JSC art on top of that?  I ran out and picked up these copies of Alice Ever After #1 at lunch as soon as I found out about them.

Weirdly, there are 3 covers (trade dress, virgin, ink).  The Trade dress was supposed to be a normal variant offering.  The virgin was intended to be 1:10.  And the ink was supposed to be 1:50.  But turns out there was a mistake somewhere so the virgin was produced in normal quantities, the ink was distributed as 1:10, and the trade dress was distributed as 1:50.

Cool cover, I just wish JSC had continued the symmetry and had modern day Alice holding a mug of coffee/tea.

ghostridercrainSET_ed5d7997-92f2-481c-be71-44a568ffee94_1024x1024.jpg?v=1649197786

AliceEverAfter_001_Cover_F_Campbell_Sketch_Variant.jpg

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will-jae-lee-propel-booms-grim-over-50000-copies/

"Speaking of Alice Ever After #1, which released in comic shops yesterday, word is that retailers' received the wrong quantities of the Campbell covers due to a printing mixup. As a result, there are fewer copies of the open-to-order Campbell variant with the logo on it and extra copies of the 1-in-10 full art incentive variant and 1-in-50 sketch incentive variant in the wild. But word from Boom is that they are printing more copies of the open-to-order Campbell variant with the logo and retailers should receive them in the next two weeks."

Edited by Second Blight

On 4/8/2022 at 5:36 AM, Second Blight said:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will-jae-lee-propel-booms-grim-over-50000-copies/

"Speaking of Alice Ever After #1, which released in comic shops yesterday, word is that retailers' received the wrong quantities of the Campbell covers due to a printing mixup. As a result, there are fewer copies of the open-to-order Campbell variant with the logo on it and extra copies of the 1-in-10 full art incentive variant and 1-in-50 sketch incentive variant in the wild. But word from Boom is that they are printing more copies of the open-to-order Campbell variant with the logo and retailers should receive them in the next two weeks."

Yeah, that's what the LCS owner told me.  Not that I care, but for anyone who speculates, this would surely impact any value to this book right?  Because effectively there are more copies of all covers than originally intended.  Whatever the case, I'm happy since the virgin and ink covers are the ones I was most interested in and if they sold for way less than what they otherwise would have, that's great for me.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:23 AM, Archaeos said:

Yeah just wondering if I send this in and get it signed 

17A73FC7-0175-4681-AC8A-7A03AE976F03.jpeg

I'm tempted to as well with my Siege 3. I'm pretty sure it would come back with a Yellow Label with the Green stripe. Plus, the added rolling the dice of it coming back at a lesser grade. Decisions lol

Siege 3 Deadpool Variant.jpg