• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Saw Sabine Rich is doing in-house signings alongside Campbell. I have several of the Black Cat (Campbell) virgin covers she did coloring for. Is it worth getting her to sign as well or preferable to just have Campbell's? Figured this was the place to ask.

On 8/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, Baka_Oni said:

Saw Sabine Rich is doing in-house signings alongside Campbell. I have several of the Black Cat (Campbell) virgin covers she did coloring for. Is it worth getting her to sign as well or preferable to just have Campbell's? Figured this was the place to ask.

Well welcome to the boards, I learned of her coloring pretty steadily with Campbell, and it would be cool or curious to see them both ss'd on a book. I'm not sure her name is as renowned, yet it would be synonymous with Campbell. That's a long story to say collect what you want and how youd like, each person collects differently. That said it might not hurt, but I wonder how many would want to pay extra for the colorist. I understand not everything is cost basis and the like, so do you. It wont turn anyone off per se, but wont "make it more or less collectable" imo.

It would "make sense" if that's what your wanting validation on. :)

On 8/5/2022 at 8:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well welcome to the boards, I learned of her coloring pretty steadily with Campbell, and it would be cool or curious to see them both ss'd on a book. I'm not sure her name is as renowned, yet it would be synonymous with Campbell. That's a long story to say collect what you want and how youd like, each person collects differently. That said it might not hurt, but I wonder how many would want to pay extra for the colorist. I understand not everything is cost basis and the like, so do you. It wont turn anyone off per se, but wont "make it more or less collectable" imo.

It would "make sense" if that's what your wanting validation on. :)

Thanks! Wasn't looking to sell or anything, so I agree with that statement entirely. Her name is normally printed next to his on those variants, so it would make sense. I already have some slabs signed by her so I'll hold off this time around.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, TK2 said:

@ADAMANTIUM This is a great Campbell signature placement on one of my favourite covers of his! Thanks for the comment btw.

Such great placement.  Love when the signature blends into the artwork.  Thought that was Wonder Woman at first glance 

F88DEDC3-E5DB-4F3A-BB41-276C9768A7EE.jpeg.2ecd09945ac3950f1e2c7667212ec0c6.jpeg

On 3/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, devald said:

Happy to finally have found this book. The direct market with the Bruce Timm cover is tough to find in my experience. But a great under the radar JSC interior

D6678468-3C58-4FB3-86C3-3862193BE930.thumb.jpeg.75be7eedf224ce7abe14862b7e03317a.jpeg959CE642-F54E-49D1-95C1-960B1C1B1801.thumb.jpeg.d62357fdbbea517e40dbeeb4130da3c3.jpeg

Awesome! That's a nice looking book.