• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel Stuff

4 posts in this topic

There are a few Captain Marvel (the REAL Captain Marvel) items coming out I thought I might mention for fans.

Grant Morrison's Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures will... oh heck, let me just quote Wikipedia

"The fifth one-shot, illustrated by Cameron Stewart, Thunderworld Adventures takes place on Earth-5 and features characters from the Captain Marvel family. Morrison described this book as "a classic Shazam book but it's done in a way almost like a PIXAR movie or the way we did All Star Superman. It captures the spirit of those characters without being nostalgic or out of date." Morrison noted it as his "attempt to see if you can get the pure note of Captain Marvel, with no irony and no camp and just make it work for everyone. It's like a myth, a little folk tale. It's pure." The one-shot will be published in December 2014"

It sounds AWESOME and although I wasn't blown away by the first three Multiversity issues the fourth one featuring Charlton comic heroes in an homage to Watchmen was a tremendous success as far as I'm concerned.

The second item is coming in March 2015. From Amazon... "2015 marks the 75th anniversary of Shazam! DC Comics is proud to present this new hardcover anthology collecting some of Shazam's greatest stories." Sweet. That's a definite pick up for me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401255388/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1G4HCA24ELA5B&coliid=I1B6PZ6AHZZOHH

See more journals by David Swan

Wow, I can't believe it's 75 years for the Big Red Cheese. You must be very excited. Enjoy the celebration.

Although I'm not a fan of Captain Marvel, I recognize his significance and longevity. I hope the movie adaptation does right by him.

SW3D

Whiz 1 is one of my grails...probably my most searched for grails

if you only knew how many copies I stupidly passed up before the prices went nuts.

I think the initial story is much more appealing compared with Action 1

"Wow, I can't believe it's 75 years for the Big Red Cheese. You must be very excited. Enjoy the celebration"

It feels like maybe Captain Marvel is starting to pick up steam. There has been a slight increase in the rate at which CMA comics are being added to the CGC registry. The last Heritage Comics auction had the most CMA issues I have ever seen although there was nothing that managed to pique my interest enough to purchase.