• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Hero Atlas/Marvel Classic Covers?

22 posts in this topic

Are there any Overstreet and/or CGC officially designated classic covers for the Pre-Hero Atlas/Marvels?

While many of us have our favorites, has this era of Atlas/Marvel comic books simply been overlooked?

Thanks for any insight,

John

TTA 29!

...That's a good choice....there are so many good ones.... it's hard to think of one to be the poster child for the genre. I love TTA 20 and several others :

TTA 5

TTA 16

TOS 11

TOS 15

ST 89

ST 97

JIM 62

.....So many..... tough to choose. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've been a fan of Amazing Adventures #1 for a very loooong time. Such an important book in the canon and a very rare, yellow cover to boot.

And yes, I do own one. :devil:

....I was going to list that too...... Bill (AtlasFan)'s 8.5 in the Sales Forum is crazy nice..... wish I could swing it ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There was a poll on the Boards for each of the major Marvel Prehero titles, you voted for your favorite. Each poll had a series of elimination rounds. I remember TTA 34 won, the Monster at My Window. I don't remember what won in the other titles.

These are great books. I just wonder why none of them have been designated classic covers by Overstreet and/or CGC (at least I couldn't fine any references in the OSPG and have not seen any slabs with classic cover designation). If they've been overlooked as suggested, then what's the reason for this oversight?

These are great books. I just wonder why none of them have been designated classic covers by Overstreet and/or CGC (at least I couldn't fine any references in the OSPG and have not seen any slabs with classic cover designation). If they've been overlooked as suggested, then what's the reason for this oversight?

Silver Age books and newer are rarely designated classic covers because when the OSPG started, SA books were considered moderns.

I agree that at the very least they should be designating more SA books as classic covers.

Silver Age books and newer are rarely designated classic covers because when the OSPG started, SA books were considered moderns.

I agree that at the very least they should be designating more SA books as classic covers.

Agreed as to the SA books- there is a need to have more designated classic covers. Still, there are no designated classic cover pre-hero Atlas/Marvels. Interestingly, I couldn't find any Atlas post-code fantasy-mystery classic cover designated books. We are looking at approximately 8 years (1956-1963) of no classic covers per Overstreet. Granted the Silver Age stuff could still be viewed as modern to Overstreet at the time of the publication of the Bronze Age editions but what about the post-code Atlas-Marvel fantasy-mystery books?

ToS #8 & 29, JiM 53 and ST 80 & 97

I don't have an OSPG 44th Edition with me, but are these great covers you identify designated by Overstreet and/or CGC?

I don't have one either, but I doubt it.