• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Bizarre Question

63 posts in this topic

BTW- I have 2 copies of IF 15 that say " John Byrne written on first page in pen/marker"

One's an old red label, and the other is a blue label prior to the removal of "NM" from the label. gossip.gif

The only ones that say "NAME" are the ones that have a sig on the front cover.

The ones on the inside of the book seem to list what is written in them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Guess they figure if you can read it yourself...there's no need to put it in print.

Kinda like QP label notations... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW- I have 2 copies of IF 15 that say " John Byrne written on first page in pen/marker"

One's an old red label, and the other is a blue label prior to the removal of "NM" from the label. gossip.gif

The ones on the inside of the book seem to list what is written in them. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think they may have changed the policy and they all state name now.

Here is the one I found earlier that says "Terry Austin" written on 1st page.

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=14061&Lot_No=16737&src=pr

And this one says "3 Names" written on 1st page

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=14061&Lot_No=16250&src=pr

Guess they figure if you can read it yourself...there's no need to put it in print.

It's all kinda irrelevant. I know who signed it, and it will be placed in my coffin when I die.

cloud9.gif

My wife says I have..."issues". screwy.gif

It's all kinda irrelevant. I know who signed it, and it will be placed in my coffin when I die.

cloud9.gif

no comment shy.gif

cloud9.gif

no comment shy.gif

I bet you want to be buried in the same coffin as Byrne. poke2.gif

. I hope folks appreciate the implications in the question.

To be completely honest...I have no idea what you're trying to get at. poke2.gif

OK - I will simplify it as much as I can. No - I am simplifying so let me say

Me make simple.

CGC says "we saw person sign."

CGC makes pretty yellow label.

CGC puts strange words "Signature Series" on pretty yellow label.

How does CGC know the human who put name on book is the human they say put name on book?

"Come back! I was going to make espresso!"

To be completely honest...I have no idea what you're trying to get at. poke2.gif

Me make simple.

How does CGC know the human who put name on book is the human they say put name on book?

Are you suggesting that people are going around to conventions and pretending to be famous comic artists & writers?

screwy.gif

cloud9.gif

no comment shy.gif

I bet you want to be buried in the same coffin as Byrne. poke2.gif

Is he on top, or on bottom? confused-smiley-013.gif

Me make simple.

Are you suggesting that people are going around to conventions and pretending to be famous comic artists & writers?

screwy.gif

NOT screwy.gif

Not screwy.gif at all.

THIS is what I am saying - seriously - please at least for one post attend to the REAL question.

CGC does two things abbout signatures.

1) Refuses to acknowledge them if they are not signed in their presence.

2) Acknowledges them with the Yellow Sig Series label if signed in their presence.

So, seriously, can you please just address this question: What criteria does CGC use to definitively authenticate the individual whose signature they are authenticating?

Do you really think this is a stupid question? Can you imagine a court case where CGC says "Well, I know what they look and sound like so I know they are who they say they are?"

How would such testimony be seen?

There is no question the Sig Series can demand premium over guide. I am just wondering what steps CGC takes to insure their authentication.

Me make simple.

screwy.gif

NOT screwy.gif

Not screwy.gif at all.

THIS is what I am saying - seriously - please at least for one post attend to the REAL question.

2) Acknowledges them with the Yellow Sig Series label if signed in their presence.

So, seriously, can you please just address this question: What criteria does CGC use to definitively authenticate the individual whose signature they are authenticating?

Do you really think this is a stupid question? Can you imagine a court case where CGC says "Well, I know what they look and sound like so I know they are who they say they are?"

There is no question the Sig Series can demand premium over guide. I am just wondering what steps CGC takes to insure their authentication.

Gotcha thumbsup2.gif

You're wondering how CGC would prove after the fact that a specific artist actually signed the book in question...?

Me make simple.

screwy.gif

NOT screwy.gif

Not screwy.gif at all.

Gotcha thumbsup2.gif

You're wondering how CGC would prove after the fact that a specific artist actually signed the book in question...?

Sounds like a logical question. hail.gif

sumo.gif

Where have you been? mad.gif

Here fool! I'm always around Cowboy! blush.gif

There have been multiple graemlin war threads, and not a peep from you.

You're slipping. 893naughty-thumb.gif

And I have tickets to the game tomorrow. yay.gif

Be sure to put on some orange and cheer them on. acclaim.gif

sumo.gif

Where have you been? mad.gif

Here fool! I'm always around Cowboy! blush.gif

There have been multiple graemlin war threads, and not a peep from you.

You're slipping. 893naughty-thumb.gif

And I have tickets to the game tomorrow. yay.gif

Be sure to put on some orange and cheer them on. acclaim.gif

You guys are losers for ruining this fine thread. So...screw you loser! tongue.gif