• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

That thing looks like something out of an old Alien movie.

I enjoyed the episode, but

I got slightly queasy when "Winn" kissed Kara. He was on SMASH and ruined that for me as well. I guess he's a teen dream...and they need that, too.

His "acting" ruined "The Last Five Years" for me. :mad:

...and I love Anna Kendrick movies.

Cannot see why he is still employed.

White Martian?

^^

From the 1/6 announcement.

Sounds like we are going to have a team-up soon with Martian Manhunter.

Kara & Hank Take On a White Martian in "Supergirl" Season 1 Episode 11 Synopsis

KARA MUST HELP HANK BATTLE A MEMBER OF THE ALIEN RACE THAT WIPED OUT HIS PEOPLE, ON “SUPERGIRL,” MONDAY, JAN. 25

"Strange Visitor From Another Planet" -- Kara must help Hank face his painful past when a White Martian, a member of the alien race that wiped out his people, kidnaps Senator Miranda Crane (Tawny Cypress), an anti-alien politician. Also, Cat's estranged son, Adam (Blake Jenner), arrives in National City, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Uh-ohhh.

supergirl-d2239bc-166677.jpg

supergirl-d3174b-166680.jpg

supergirl-d4061bc-166681.jpg

The February 1st episode of Supergirl, titled "Bizarro", will have young love in bloom scenes. So bring some tissues.

Oh - and Bizarro Supergirl, to be played by Hope Lauren.

:whee:

Supergirl David Harewood on How the J'Onn J'Onzz Revelation Has Changed Everything

ComicBook.com spoke with Harewood about tonight's episode, what's next for his character -- and revealed a surprising piece of DC trivia that Harewood knew about J'Onn's past.

Are we going to explore J'Onn's powers a little? Obviously at some point he had enough control of his mental powers to convince people who presumably knew Hank Henshaw, that he was the genuine article -- and yet when we see him try to mind-wipe that guard, it went pretty badly.

I think he’s spent so much time as Hank that he’s almost forgotten the range and effect of his powers. I think what we’re learning, just as Kara learns over the course of the first seven episodes, she learns to control her powers and gets to know them and gets to know how to use her anger properly like she did brilliantly in the Red Tornado episode.

Hank hasn’t used his Martian powers in many years, so I think it’s interesting to see him get better at it. There's definitely times in the next couple of episodes where he’s not as afraid to use his powers as he was in that episode. I think definitely we are seeing Hank regain full measure of his powers. I think by the end of the season he’ll be much more familiar with Martian Manhunter than at the beginning of Season One.

Supergirl David Harewood on How the J'Onn J'Onzz Revelation Has Changed Everything

ComicBook.com spoke with Harewood about tonight's episode, what's next for his character -- and revealed a surprising piece of DC trivia that Harewood knew about J'Onn's past.

Are we going to explore J'Onn's powers a little? Obviously at some point he had enough control of his mental powers to convince people who presumably knew Hank Henshaw, that he was the genuine article -- and yet when we see him try to mind-wipe that guard, it went pretty badly.

I think he’s spent so much time as Hank that he’s almost forgotten the range and effect of his powers. I think what we’re learning, just as Kara learns over the course of the first seven episodes, she learns to control her powers and gets to know them and gets to know how to use her anger properly like she did brilliantly in the Red Tornado episode.

Hank hasn’t used his Martian powers in many years, so I think it’s interesting to see him get better at it. There's definitely times in the next couple of episodes where he’s not as afraid to use his powers as he was in that episode. I think definitely we are seeing Hank regain full measure of his powers. I think by the end of the season he’ll be much more familiar with Martian Manhunter than at the beginning of Season One.

I also think its a bit dangerous to let the MM be fully powered without flaws, because one would assume he'd be more powerful than Supergirl in nearly every way (intangibility, shapeshifting, mind wiping, flight, strength), barring heat vulnerabilities. Then what do we need Supergirl for?

can anyone tell me what happened at the end of last nights Supergirl as I fell asleep. :(

Last 15 mins.

Supergirl and Hank team up to take down the White Martian. Hank is tempted to kill it but Supergirl convinces him otherwise. The captured WM is stored in in their "jail" and says there are thousands, millions, more like it that will come for it. They found the Senator and she reverses her stance on aliens. Kara and her sister are eating ice cream on the couch watching TV, when live breaking news comes up that Supergirl is out flying around. They both look at each other stunned as they know it's not her, although she is identical in appearance. Preview for next episode shows it's Maxwell Lord and his Bizarro Supergirl.

can anyone tell me what happened at the end of last nights Supergirl as I fell asleep. :(

Last 15 mins.

Supergirl and Hank team up to take down the White Martian. Hank is tempted to kill it but Supergirl convinces him otherwise. The captured WM is stored in in their "jail" and says there are thousands, millions, more like it that will come for it. They found the Senator and she reverses her stance on aliens. Kara and her sister are eating ice cream on the couch watching TV, when live breaking news comes up that Supergirl is out flying around. They both look at each other stunned as they know it's not her, although she is identical in appearance. Preview for next episode shows it's Maxwell Lord and his Bizarro Supergirl.

Thanks very much!

I thought last night's episode was outstanding. The fight sequences with a mixture of actors suspended in the air and CGI came out really good. Supergirl show is back on track after last week's dud episode with Toyman.

I thought last night's episode was outstanding. The fight sequences with a mixture of actors suspended in the air and CGI came out really good. Supergirl show is back on track after last week's dud episode with Toyman.

I liked it as well. I think Cat and her son could have shed a tear to add to the dramatic effect, I know I almost did. lol

I'm good with J'onn being played the way he is, by the actor playing him. J'onn's a shapeshifter, so he can assume any form.

I like it. The actor playing him is doing well.

Funny, though, I haven't seen any movement on "first appearances" (like Justice League #1.)

With Max Lord figuring so prominently in the series, I'm surprised at that.

I'm good with J'onn being played the way he is, by the actor playing him. J'onn's a shapeshifter, so he can assume any form.

Funny, though, I haven't seen any movement on "first appearances" (like Justice League #1.)

I think there are more than a few high grade copies of Maxwell Lord's 1st appearance....which may acct. for the lack of movement.

Having said that, the first appearance of Martian Manhunter is a bit hard to grab in any grade....so you're probably not going to see alot of movement unless a boatload of copies come to market.

I think there are more than a few high grade copies of Maxwell Lord's 1st appearance....which may acct. for the lack of movement.

Having said that, the first appearance of Martian Manhunter is a bit hard to grab in any grade....so you're probably not going to see alot of movement unless a boatload of copies come to market.

I've seen a renewed interest in Tec 225.

I've seen a renewed interest in Tec 225.

Indeed. I nice advertised as G+ raw copy sold on HA 2 weeks ago for about $1,300 or so, which I thought was a steal considering it was strictly graded and looked more like a G/VG. Then there's the CGC 2.5 that went for $2K back in December.