• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Does anyone else think the Twelve Monkeys time travel storytelling device is the best kind? You can go back in time in order to transmit information to the future, but nothing is ever actually changed. What happened is what happened. That loop at the end of Twelve Monkeys was awesome. Anyways, I just like that type of time travel scenario rather than everything being changeable. Even the old What If? device where there are infinite varieties of timelines based on the different scenarios playing out is more interesting than this one imo.

Does anyone else think the Twelve Monkeys time travel storytelling device is the best kind? You can go back in time in order to transmit information to the future, but nothing is ever actually changed. What happened is what happened. That loop at the end of Twelve Monkeys was awesome. Anyways, I just like that type of time travel scenario rather than everything being changeable. Even the old What If? device where there are infinite varieties of timelines based on the different scenarios playing out is more interesting than this one imo.

It has been so long since I watched this movie, now I need to go back and watch it again.

:ohnoez:

The Terminator is the same story being told over and over again. The narrative changes slightly due to the different variables introduced each time with who/what gets sent back in time and where in the timeline the time travelers appear. Skynet attempts to stop the resistance before it starts, and the resistance attempts to stop the machines before they take over, or at the very least preserve the formation of the resistance.

It is unknown whether the machines will always take over regardless (or whether the resistance will always eventually overthrow them). The alternative would be that that scenario simply hasn't had the opportunity to happen yet.

Alan Taylor's (Thor: The Dark World) Terminator: Genisys is one of only a handful of movies getting a Super Bowl TV spot this Sunday, and star Arnold Schwarzenegger has now shared a very cool new poster featuring the battle scarred and aged T-800.

B8h6qPnCIAAOi5K.jpg

I'd just like to see the Robot vs Human war.

All we have ever seen have been snippets (Conor in the '60s control room), then a few flashback scenes (the dogs and terminator infiltration) and then the last film, set long after the war.

I'd like to see the actual planetary conflict in a 3 hour film.

I'd just like to see the Robot vs Human war.

All we have ever seen have been snippets (Conor in the '60s control room), then a few flashback scenes (the dogs and terminator infiltration) and then the last film, set long after the war.

I'd like to see the actual planetary conflict in a 3 hour film.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Alan Taylor's TERMINATOR GENISYS To Be Released In IMAX 3D

---------------------

"This film marks IMAX's first foray into the Terminator franchise and we're thrilled to be a part of it and team up once again with Alan Taylor and our friends at Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions," said Greg Foster, Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment. "We believe it's going to be a gangbusters summer at the movies next year, and Terminator Genisys is sure to be one of the season's most anticipated movies for IMAX fans worldwide."

---------------------

SPOILERS: Matt Smith's TERMINATOR: GENISYS Character Revealed

"In Terminator: Genisys Matt Smith plays the embodiment of Skynet. Similar to Helena Bonham Carter's role in McG's Terminator: Salvation, Smith will be the antagonist system given form, different from the nebulous corporate villainy of Terminator 2: Judgement Day and vague apocalypse technophobia of the first."

Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks 'Termintor Genisys'

Terminator Genisys is not a reboot. The movie is set in an entirely different timeline, where Kyle Reese, played by Jai Courtney, goes back in time to save his mom Sarah, played by Emilia Clarke. But just how in-danger is Sarah Connor? According to Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mr. Terminator himself, that depends.

“The story has changed,” Schwarzenegger, explains, “So I am like a combination of the characters who you have seen in the past. He is a powerful and potentially evil kind of machine that can be very destructive if I see that there is danger from me or for the victory against the machines. I can switch over to being the protector of Sarah Connor. It depends where we are in this storyline.”

Arnold said Terminator 4 sucked. I didn't think so.

(shrug)

Terminator 3 on the other hand...

I agree with you. I thought 4 was good. Christian Bale and Sam Worthington.

:cloud9:

I don`t get Arnie`s reasoning?

I guess "He wasn't (totally) back" as the main lead for Salvation and a middling box-office take make it the punchingbag for the franchise. Probably will tell you Predator 2 sucked too. :shrug: