• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brand New Comicon Jekyl Island Georgia

6 posts in this topic

Couple of thoughts. Posted it when I found out and I live here...but that aside it still seems like the promoter is doing a good job

As for the price I think it's high too, but since this is a comic starved area and its a crazy great location on i95 in a decent sized area between Jacksonville and Savannah (1 hour.from each) meeting in a crazy nice venue right on the beach I figure the costs are high and the prices are appropriate...but I wouldn't know personally what it costs to do something of this magnitude...I hope it can do well with such high aspirations.

Also cool... the brand new convention center is right on the beach and I do mean ON the beach... It's also where XMen First Class was filmed....cool huh?

Perhaps having never had a major show in our area would make it seem more logical to work our way up from a smaller venue as it were....with lower prices etc...but by starting big....if it goes well can only make next year better...

Anyway I'm excited for Southeast Georgia ...Brunswick and the Golden Isles ... And appreciate the efforts of the promoter(s)

Couple of thoughts. Posted it when I found out and I live here...but that aside it still seems like the promoter is doing a good job

As for the price I think it's high too, but since this is a comic starved area and its a crazy great location on i95 in a decent sized area between Jacksonville and Savannah (1 hour.from each) meeting in a crazy nice venue right on the beach I figure the costs are high and the prices are appropriate...but I wouldn't know personally what it costs to do something of this magnitude...I hope it can do well with such high aspirations.

Also cool... the brand new convention center is right on the beach and I do mean ON the beach... It's also where XMen First Class was filmed....cool huh?

Perhaps having never had a major show in our area would make it seem more logical to work our way up from a smaller venue as it were....with lower prices etc...but by starting big....if it goes well can only make next year better...

Anyway I'm excited for Southeast Georgia ...Brunswick and the Golden Isles ... And appreciate the efforts of the promoter(s)

Thank you and I agree with everything you noted. SE GA/NE FL is starved for a high quality show.