• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best snags of the year! Let's see your best pick-ups of 2014...

344 posts in this topic

If you got to keep that gem, what did GAtor keep for himself(if any)???? Amazing books there my friend!

These all came from the same collection that The Gator and I brought to market. I kept these and I am quite fond of them

adventurecomics40_zps4865ca0e.jpg

Sweet group of Adventures Bill, I especially like this one :luhv:

Dear god, what is the backstory here?

If you got to keep that gem, what did GAtor keep for himself(if any)???? Amazing books there my friend!

These all came from the same collection that The Gator and I brought to market. I kept these and I am quite fond of them

adventurecomics40_zps4865ca0e.jpg

Sweet group of Adventures Bill, I especially like this one :luhv:

Dear god, what is the backstory here?

The guy with the gas gun is Gator walking in with amazing books, and the guy passing out with money flying everywhere is Bill. :D

Been away from the boards most of the day. Some real eye-poppers cropping up in this thread, including:

action15cover.jpg

Super-snag, Rich! Love the framing choice too. wow.gif

MoreFunComics548_5_zps4e92258f.jpg

Bill, the color strength on this puppy is friggin' amazing. :o

Kinda wish I'd posted more of my pick-ups early-on, but muscle flexing in this company is a little like the "before" kid in those Charles Atlas ads. lol

Wow, there are a lot of great books in this thread.

I acquired quite a few books this year, most of them are to my liking with a couple of exceptions. I managed to purchase a nice collection earlier this year and kept a few for myself. Here's a group of books that I've been wanting for some time now. They have great colors and gloss and are the books I like the most among those purchased this year. Sadly the set was missing the last two issues.

DSC_0004875x1280_zps1dbca260.jpg

DSC_0006856x1280_zpsf16cf211.jpg

DSC_0007884x1280_zps4998b522.jpg

DSC_0010875x1280_zpse36c5e4b.jpg

DSC_0012856x1280_zps462e2041.jpg

DSC_0014878x1280_zpsfe5a928f.jpg

That's a stunning set and to pick those up in that shape as a group is amazing!

Ken

action15cover.jpg

You missed the title of the thread, it said snags of the year, not snags of the decade.

(worship)

Pretty much impossible to top that one (worship)(worship)

hm Depending on your preference Vinnie might be able to.

Yeah, the Action 1 was the book of the year.

This is nowhere near anything you guys have shown - but I was thrilled to get this.

PB070022_zps95504958.jpg

PB070023_zpsaac0a9b0.jpg

PB070024_zps5e72114b.jpg

First ever Felix The Cat 'comic' from 1924. I especially love the hand written note. I have often wondered who this couple were, and their story.