• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

Once you know the technique you can crack out slabs with your fingers with little to no damage to the case.

Actually that is my secret, use only your fingers. If it won't open with just your fingers, it is too snug and will probably crack if you use a tool of any sort. By using your fingers, it may hurt, but after awhile, just like with playing a guitar, your fingers will develop calluses.

Once you know the technique you can crack out slabs with your fingers with little to no damage to the case.

Actually that is my secret, use only your fingers. If it won't open with just your fingers, it is too snug and will probably crack if you use a tool of any sort. By using your fingers, it may hurt, but after awhile, just like with playing a guitar, your fingers will develop calluses.

I have had lots of practice. I can build a house out of plastic if I had saved them all.

I have had lots of practice. I can build a house out of plastic if I had saved them all.

Do you keep the good ones ? I'm sure you could probably sell them. However, after this thread, maybe it's not the right thing to do.

jay dog if I posted a video of how to do it, then people could do it ;) But trust me, it can be done.

I find the entire prospect disturbing. All the more reason to buy the book and not the label. (thumbs u

-J.

But if you cant examine the inside of the book are you really buying the book or a Hulk 181 with a Cap Nomad interior?

jay dog if I posted a video of how to do it, then people could do it ;) But trust me, it can be done.

I find the entire prospect disturbing. All the more reason to buy the book and not the label. (thumbs u

-J.

But if you cant examine the inside of the book are you really buying the book or a Hulk 181 with a Cap Nomad interior?

lol If someone has gone through that much trouble to make a few dollars they deserve the money.

And if they did such a good job that no one, including me, has been able to tell the difference....

....then I would remain blissfully ignorant either way. :cloud9:

-J.

Typo, should be issue #249 from the 80's.

It's just a mislabel. You can send it back in and they will fix it for free. You have to remember that the People at CGC are human too, and can also make mistakes from time to time.

Edited by deadleg

Typo, should be issue #249 from the 80's.

It's just a mislabel. You can send it back in and they will fix it for free. You have to remember that the People at CGC are human too, and can also make mistakes from time to time.

I think that maybe that's his point.

The ASM #5 may be a mislabel, too. Instead of getting the issue number wrong, it was the grade. If a typo can happen with one, why not the other.

The ASM #5 may be a mislabel, too. Instead of getting the issue number wrong, it was the grade. If a typo can happen with one, why not the other?

That's understandable. I find it hard to believe that someone would stop to think that there might be something wrong with the ASM 5, but like you said, if it can happen with one part of the label, why not the other.

The ASM #5 may be a mislabel, too. Instead of getting the issue number wrong, it was the grade. If a typo can happen with one, why not the other?

That's understandable. I find it hard to believe that someone would stop to think that there might be something wrong with the ASM 5, but like you said, if it can happen with one part of the label, why not the other.

I actually hope a typo is not what happened with the ASM 5. If true and acknowledged, it can open up a floodgate of queries from customers that simply don't agree with the grade, claiming it must be a typo.Interestingly enough, you probably need the grader's notes as evidence to challenge them on a grade typo.

Edited by bomber-bob

You have to remember that the People at CGC are human too, and can also make mistakes from time to time.

Isn't that what QC is for?

Yes but if software and video game companies can release half finished products and people still clamor over themselves to buy them because they are corporate zombies and ruin it for everyone else, it wouldn't be fair to CGC to have anyone question their abilities or practices.

You have to remember that the People at CGC are human too, and can also make mistakes from time to time.

Quality control is never perfect. Even if you're a rocket scientist.

i don't want to read 40 plus pages, but this is a QC issue nd not a pop and swap with another CGC of the same grade.

Facts are you CANNOT slide the inner well out of the holder without breaking the plastic holder. It just not possible.

I guess they could keep the inner well intact and try to reseal the CGC holder with some kind of glue, but based on the picture the slab looks intact.

CAN YOU PUT UP A SIDE IMAGE OF THE COMIC HOLDER? that's where it would be sealed back at if in fact they broke it.

i don't want to read 40 plus pages, but this is a QC issue nd not a pop and swap with another CGC of the same grade.

Facts are you CANNOT slide the inner well out of the holder without breaking the plastic holder. It just not possible.

Sorry, you are wrong, you can easily slide the inner well out of the holder without breaking the holder. Maybe you meant YOU can't do it but it can be done, rather easily. If you took the time to read the thread you would see many affidavits and examples.

Quality control is never perfect. Even if you're a rocket scientist.

Sure. But these seem like pretty obvious errors. So now you have easy to spot mistakes happening at multiple levels. Seems like that would be an issue.