• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,068 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, ak47po said:

I don't know how to feel about this? I know things happen and at least there will be no charge.(shrug)

1552825775_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.280f788a11a40dbb37422370961e07e0.png

My feelings would depend on whether Todd smudged it, or if a CGC employee did.  

Since they’re waiving fees, I’m going to assume the latter.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If Todd smuged it I'm sure he would have tried to make the smudge look like it was intentional, or do something to improve it.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:49 PM, ak47po said:

If Todd smuged it I'm sure he would have tried to make the smudge look like it was intentional, or do something to improve it.

and umm, err, "smudge" sounds small compared to umm, err, smear? but

SE7EN Scene - "The Box" on Make a GIF

On 12/8/2022 at 1:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

my initial thought as well...that sucks, @ak47po..sorry, dude...hopefully, it won't be a horrible smudge, and you did get a free TM signing?

On 12/8/2022 at 5:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I have been speaking with management about the 2 week window for ME's.  I do have some good news.  This pertains to all books.  You do not have to be the submitter, and there is no time limit.  You can fill out a submission form with the Mechanical Error option.  A prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to you.  (Non US customers will have to contact customer service for the shipping label)  We will fix books listed below for free in the "Fix for no charge" column.  

FIX NO CHARGE:

Wrong label information

Book inserted wrong

Book pinched between inner well seal

Debris inside holder

Well done for encouraging management to adopt what arguably should have been policy from the start, Mike. 

On 12/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, ak47po said:

Yeah we'll see the severity of the SMUDGE once it's in hand. Wish me luck.

To be honest, I think they would be honest about it, especially if they're contacting you. I'd still ask for "pic" to see for myself? I mean shouldn't be too much trouble?

Not a scan, but a quick pic.

I'm sure it's not all that bad, just no conclusion yet, so yes prayers to the wholeness of it :cheers: 

On 12/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I have been speaking with management about the 2 week window for ME's.  I do have some good news.  This pertains to all books.  You do not have to be the submitter, and there is no time limit.  You can fill out a submission form with the Mechanical Error option.  A prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to you.  (Non US customers will have to contact customer service for the shipping label)  We will fix books listed below for free in the "Fix for no charge" column.  

FIX NO CHARGE:

Wrong label information

Book inserted wrong

Debris inside holder

REHOLDER/REPAIR FEE:

Holder scratches

Cracked/damaged holders

Damaged books

^^

On 12/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be honest, I think they would be honest about it, especially if they're contacting you. I'd still ask for "pic" to see for myself? I mean shouldn't be too much trouble?

Not a scan, but a quick pic.

I'm sure it's not all that bad, just no conclusion yet, so yes prayers to the wholeness of it :cheers: 

I'm thinking if CGC is refunding the fee for signing and grading the SMUDGE might fairly bad?

On 12/8/2022 at 1:51 PM, 850chris said:

my initial thought as well...that sucks, @ak47po..sorry, dude...hopefully, it won't be a horrible smudge, and you did get a free TM signing?

That's true and my comment earlier was if it's still legible.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, ak47po said:

I'm thinking if CGC is refunding the fee for signing and grading the SMUDGE might fairly bad?

Ya that's the thing, it would ruin the book and you insured it when submitting. That's why I said they'd be honest when describing a smudge? As in still legible but not ideal, so fees rather than insurance? Idk if you had replied to them, yet this may be better advice to reply and ask

On 12/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's true and my comment earlier was if it's still legible.

Ya that's the thing, it would ruin the book and you insured it when submitting. That's why I said they'd be honest when describing a smudge? As in still legible but not ideal, so fees rather than insurance? Idk if you had replied to them, yet this may be better advice to reply and ask

I asked for a picture of the book, we'll see what happens.

Edited by ak47po

On 12/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, ak47po said:

I asked for a picture of the book, we'll see what happens. If the book is ruined i will fight for the insurance i had on this book.

Ya, please let us know if there is any response, but I wouldn't be too worried. Idk about any thoughts of it being a one off smudge, but you'll know more when you see it. It could be a talking point book rather than QC but I'm sure cgc is trying to get out ahead

On 12/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 12/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I read Todd has 35,000 books to sign and is doing 3,200 a day. Anyone else hear that?

Wow.  If you’ve got Todd SS books to sell, better get them listed before the floodgates open....

To be fair, Todd said "the number started with 32 and a word after that" that's the way I've heard him put it. I'm not sure, if the blankity word was hundred or thousand.

Good for Todd to make it interesting though :) 

Top 30 Match Game GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

On 12/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, CGC Mike said:

FIX NO CHARGE:

Wrong label information

Book inserted wrong

Debris inside holder

REHOLDER/REPAIR FEE:

Holder scratches

Cracked/damaged holders

Damaged books

(thumbsu

On 12/8/2022 at 4:42 PM, ak47po said:

I contacted CGC Private signing team who sent the email to suggest they give to book back to Todd so he can try to improve the sig or maybe do a little remarque .

That sounds promising  :)