• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,078 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I had a real genius back in 1993 warning me that a Superman 75 (non-bagged edition) that I found on the shelf was a 2nd printing because of the little triangle on the cover with a 2 in it.  (Superman 75 just happened to be #2 in reading order for 1993.)  I tried explaining to him what that box actually was and that a 2nd printing would have a little roman numeral "II" in the price box, but he was way too smart to listen to me and condescendingly told me how wrong I was and that he would never buy it. (shrug)

I'd like to see what he thinks is a 1st print... only the platinum edition?

@CGC Mike honest question.

If cgc is asking us to fill out invoices and then changing them (sure it's their discretion to change the books especially if they were filled in wrong) however I for the life of me can't figure out why an employee would change a book from one variant to a regular cover without being absolutely 100% sure that is the right call to make. 

Or when a submission is filled out as a Newsstand or Canadian and then it not be labeled as such and put in as a direct. 

I get that cgc has and should correct books that are mislabeled but it seems to be a growing trend of cgc removing qualifiers and having to have them shipped back for proper labeling. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:07 AM, ak47po said:

For those who have done ME"s, does CGC email the return label to print out? Thanks!

They do provide a return label. It's provided to print after you fill out the ME form (not emailed separately)

Edited by jokiing

• Administrator
On 12/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, jokiing said:
On 12/19/2022 at 1:07 PM, ak47po said:

For those who have done ME"s, does CGC email the return label to print out? Thanks!

They do provide a return label. It's provided on their site to print after you fill out the form (not emailed)

I will add that non US customers have to contact customer service for the prepaid shipping label.  

On 12/19/2022 at 1:07 PM, ak47po said:

On 12/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, jokiing said:

They do provide a return label. It's provided to print after you fill out the ME form (not emailed separately)

The shipping label and packing slip will also be available under the "View my packing slips" link on the My Submissions page:

image.thumb.png.2ff887b2045ef088acda576b48345a89.png

On 12/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will add that non US customers have to contact customer service for the prepaid shipping label.  

I contacted customer service. Sent them my photos. They approved the ME, then just sent me a link to the online submission form.  Which of course is useless being Canadian. Sent another message to Erika D explaining that she just put me in a loop to nowhere, and I’ve yet to hear back.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I contacted customer service. Sent them my photos. They approved the ME, then just sent me a link to the online submission form.  Which of course is useless being Canadian. Sent another message to Erika D explaining that she just put me in a loop to nowhere, and I’ve yet to hear back.

Fill out a ME form. Once you've completed it reach out to cs saying here is my form attached. I'm a Canadian so I need a return label. They'll tell you to fill out the form. Remind them you've already attached it and attach it again. After 2 or 3 emails you'll eventually get told shipping will get you a label shortly. You'll wait a week or so have to remind them and then after about 2 weeks and 8 emails you'll be awarded the shipping label. 

Edited by Iceman399

On 12/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, Iceman399 said:

Fill out a ME form. Once you've completed it reach out to cs saying here is my form attached. I'm a Canadian so I need a return label. They'll tell you to fill out the form. Remind them you've already attached it and attach it again. After 2 or 3 emails you'll eventually get told shipping will get you a label shortly. You'll wait a week or so have to remind them and then after about 2 weeks and 8 emails you'll be awarded the shipping label. 

I can’t complete the ME

I get stopped at the shipping portion.  Pretty lame that CGC makes this such a pita.   Just fix your mistakes :censored:

I just want these 2 slabs fixed so I can sell off the remainder of my CGC books.  Company is nothing but disappointment.   I was having a much more enjoyable time collecting raw.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

AND then once your ME makes it to CGC be prepared for it to languish for days, weeks, and months...
Why?
I don't know.

FACTS
My recently submitted (and CLEARLY labeled) Mechanical Error took 11 business days to be marked as received after it was delivered.
It has been 'Scheduled for Grading' for 21 business days.
Meaning CGC has been correcting their error for 32 business days and counting...

edit for context:
They need to correct the label

Edited by troy.division

On 12/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, troy.division said:

AND then once your ME makes it to CGC be prepared for it to languish for days, weeks, and months...
Why?
I don't know.

FACTS
My recently submitted (and CLEARLY labeled) Mechanical Error took 11 business days to be marked as received after it was delivered.
It has been 'Scheduled for Grading' for 21 business days.
Meaning CGC has been correcting their error for 32 business days and counting...

edit for context:
They need to correct the label

ME, like Economy and Mags, pushed aside to get the Modern turn-around looking respectful.

My last ME took almost 2 months, where in the past it was, before the Modern push, a week turn-around.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, ak47po said:

All these horror stories got me nervous for my first ME.:( It’s a Todd SS with a wrong label that i was assured it would corrected “AFTER” the signing and grading.:facepalm:

I don’t trust them with my books, but the debris/scratches/smudging makes the books unsellable as they are now.   I don’t trust them to get it right on a 2nd attempt either.  So frustrating....

On 12/19/2022 at 3:51 PM, ak47po said:

All these horror stories got me nervous for my first ME.:( It’s a Todd SS with a wrong label that i was assured it would corrected “AFTER” the signing and grading.:facepalm:

The culprit. Should be"Mexican Edition/El Quinto Mundo Edition".2022.

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.6f8bbea1b2b1d3fa3776e9907cbbfa48.JPG

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.e72ff14689ea74cbd1588efd90ae8026.JPG

This is also the book with a signature smudge? Looks like Todd was getting tired.

DSC_0001-001.thumb.JPG.feef461346bc895ceb965e8c0ccdb3d7.JPG

On 12/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, ak47po said:

This is also the book with a signature smudge? Looks like Todd was getting tired.

Not too awful, I'm still glad there was compensation made. :cheers:

On 12/20/2022 at 9:32 AM, ak47po said:

T. M. Fozlove. 

On 12/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t complete the ME

I get stopped at the shipping portion.  Pretty lame that CGC makes this such a pita.   Just fix your mistakes :censored:

I just want these 2 slabs fixed so I can sell off the remainder of my CGC books.  Company is nothing but disappointment.   I was having a much more enjoyable time collecting raw.

Hmm I've never had that issue and cgc gets a lot of reholders lol I'd delete your entire shipping address and re-enter it (make sure its not to a po box)