• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/25/2023 at 9:12 PM, Gaard said:
  On 3/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, Artboy99 said:

It is also one of the oldest comics ever encapsulated since according to the label it is from 1900.

At the very least, it does qualify as a ME due to the wrong label info.  I have sent an e-mail to the team for the other issues.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Debris is covered.  Would be ridiculous to deny an ME for debris in the holder.   CGC is definitely trying to pull back what they’ll cover though.  That CGC won’t stand behind their product 100% is just sad. 

They sure are. I got books back at the beginning of March and just noticed last week (at about 18 days, because I don't always have time to drop everything immediately and be CGC's thorough QC freelancer) that one of them has a stray piece of plastic inside. (It's not broken off from anywhere, so it's obviously not damage that could have occurred after it got back to me.) I tried to submit as a ME for that, form wouldn't let me, and customer service basically said you're SOL after 14 days.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

They sure are. I got books back at the beginning of March and just noticed last week (at about 18 days, because I don't always have time to drop everything immediately and be CGC's thorough QC freelancer) that one of them has a stray piece of plastic inside. (It's not broken off from anywhere, so it's obviously not damage that could have occurred after it got back to me.) I tried to submit as a ME for that, form wouldn't let me, and customer service basically said you're SOL after 14 days.

What?  

@CGC Mike

Can we get some clarification? 

You said debris was covered regardless of the timeframe. (shrug)

On 3/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

@CGC Mike ? I have one too, do I need to have subbed it myself for mechanical errors? Or have I missed my window?

On 3/27/2023 at 5:12 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 3/27/2023 at 9:22 AM, Gonzimodo said:

I guess those Gold Editions aren't as rare as we thought!

It's the rare Gold Edition with the missing gold ink. But even rarer than the "Platinum" edition, which is the Gold edition missing the gold ink, because this one also has the price on it.

I thought it is just the regular chromium, but CGC mislabeled it as the Gold Edition.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:28 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I thought it is just the regular chromium, but CGC mislabeled it as the Gold Edition.

It is. I was joking. But there *is* a "Platinum" edition (not an official variant, but the Gold Edition that is missing the gold ink which collectors have dubbed the Platinum Edition, and is very rare and valuable). But that doesn't have the price (like the Gold). With the price, it's the regular edition.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What?  

@CGC Mike

Can we get some clarification? 

You said debris was covered regardless of the timeframe. (shrug)

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit I still don't know how to do multi-quotes.  (shrug)

Anyways, I took a screenshot...

ssdebris.jpg

• Administrator
On 3/27/2023 at 6:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike ? I have one too, do I need to have subbed it myself for mechanical errors? Or have I missed my window?

There's a 14 day window, and the person has to be the submitter.  We will fix wrong label info anytime.  (the person doesn't have to be the submitter)

On 3/27/2023 at 8:41 PM, CGC Mike said:

There's a 14 day window, and the person has to be the submitter.  We will fix wrong label info anytime.  (the person doesn't have to be the submitter)

SO...explain how that works, when someone submits through a local comic shop...pressing service...etc...and THEY get the book back 3 weeks later or a month after being subbed..yet THEY are the original submitter...using a facilitator...and THEY'RE like WOHHHH...shards in my slab.... and YOUR 14 day window has expired...and  since you say WE, as in YOU are part of the process...so YOU EXPLAIN that please MIKE

Edited by KryptoSpidey