• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, ak47po said:

You should have the following knowledge/experience: 

• German and English fluently in spoken and written 

• Independent and detailed work, good organization 

• High attention to detail and care when handling collectibles 

• Basic knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) 

Knowledge in collectibles (coins, banknotes, comic books, or trading cards) is preferred but not required

• Experience in international shipping and customer service preferred

• Communication skills 

• Teamwork, flexibility, and willingness to learn 

• Impeccable reputation (certificate of good conduct required) 

I wouldn't read too much into it. The position is posted for NGC.

On 6/2/2023 at 2:56 PM, Ryan. said:

I'm shocked they're not attracting industry leading talent with these huge salaries being offered:

https://www.collectiblesgroup.com/careers/listing/?department=Production

So CGC is offering $16-$18/hr starting pay to people who handle who your collectible comics up to $##,### in value or more, including those skilled in the art of pressing (including "quality checks") as well as encaspulation, and even data-entry and submission verification

$17/hr... That's the minimum "living wage" in Sarasota Co Florida for a single adult with no kids. 

That's what CGC thinks of your precious collectibles. 

CGC puts their money into what they value, and it ain't in handling your stupid comics.

giphy.gif

Edited by jcjames

This helps to solidify the theory that CGC wants to boost their bottom line at the expense of quality/care for our comics. Among the plethora of pizz-poor decisions that support this theory are the pizz-poor QC issues that users have had to endure for years and this recent pizz-poor ME policy. I guess we can now add pizz-poor wages for the people entrusted to handle our collectables.

On 4/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, LudaToke said:

I just got 11 books back from reholder service and all 11 weren't fixed.  On top of that, They took out the Todd McFarlane and Spawn custom labels I had and replaced them with an odd Spider-Man and Spawn pairing.  The reholder and QC process is actually introducing new errors while completely ignoring the original.  The clock is ticking and I have 2 weeks to solve this problem which is crazy because the books are now worse off than when I started.  I have little faith that CGC can actually fix all 11 books in one single submission and I suspect I will be at this for another 2-3 rounds of resubmission/reholder.  Somebody has to pay for all of this rework.  I guess that explains the price increase?

original_61c2cd8e-149a-4dad-b064-9c9b052a4ccd_PXL_20230427_204829926.jpg

PXL_20230427_204821300.jpg

PXL_20230427_204824836.jpg

:facepalm:

On 6/3/2023 at 10:09 AM, joeypost said:

Someone had to be looking at it when it was encapsulated. This is the equivalent of subway leaving a cutting board in your sandwich.

This is hilarious. Had someone leave a knife in mine once

On 6/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Poutine said:

This is hilarious. Had someone leave a knife in mine once

"Knife" of the party. :frown:

On 6/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, Stefan_W said:

Update: I called today and the customer service rep was very apologetic, and said it should have been fixed. I asked her to put an extra note in the file about changing out the inner plastic sheath. I ended up getting the international return label within an hour instead of the usual 3-5 days so that was a big bonus.

Isn't changing out the inner sheath part of the process? That's what they've always said, anyways. 

Kind of makes you wonder why they would need to put in a note.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:15 PM, Gaard said:

Isn't changing out the inner sheath part of the process? That's what they've always said, anyways. 

Kind of makes you wonder why they would need to put in a note.

Yes, the normal procedure is to redo both the outer holder and the inner well.

I do remember a few times when only the outer holder was replaced, but to my knowledge that's not the process anymore...and you really shouldn't need a note.  :foryou: 

On 6/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, The Lions Den said:

Yes, the normal procedure is to redo both the outer holder and the inner well.

I do remember a few times when only the outer holder was replaced, but to my knowledge that's not the process anymore...and you really shouldn't need a note.  :foryou: 

The books have been graded and slabbed, sent in for a reholder, sent back for an ME, and are now going back again with the same issue that was there the previous three times. I am going with the note. 

On 6/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, jcjames said:

So CGC is offering $16-$18/hr starting pay to people who handle who your collectible comics up to $##,### in value or more, including those skilled in the art of pressing (including "quality checks") as well as encaspulation, and even data-entry and submission verification

$17/hr... That's the minimum "living wage" in Sarasota Co Florida for a single adult with no kids. 

That's what CGC thinks of your precious collectibles. 

CGC puts their money into what they value, and it ain't in handling your stupid comics.

giphy.gif

They've also stated they're eventually going to implement a tip screen on the order forms for the "graders"              /s

On 6/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, ramrodcar said:

They've also stated they're eventually going to implement a tip screen on the order forms for the "graders"              /s

wait... you mean not everyone is sliding a crisp $20 in the centerfold of every book they submit?

On 6/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, ramrodcar said:

Is that a monetary tip, or a verbal tip?