• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

For those who have been here longer or have seen books graded by CGC, is this the lowest/worst QC has been?

I can't recall seeing as many issues like the ones posted here and everywhere else. The variance of errors (damage to books, wrong labels, upside down books), I wonder if this is the low point or have there been others?

On 11/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, Ares said:

Is it me or does it seem all the problems started after they got bought out

I think it started before then, but I could be wrong.  Seems worse now, though...(shrug)

On 11/13/2021 at 5:20 PM, Galen130 said:

I think it started before then, but I could be wrong.  Seems worse now, though...(shrug)

I feel the same way. The QC seems to be much worse than what it was before. 

Edited by Terry JSA

Now, should we initiate a [freeze in submissions until the QA problems have been solved]? Take the number of [comicbooks] in [submission], A, multiply by the probable rate of [QA disasters], B, multiply by the average [cost of resoldering], C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a [submission freeze], we don't do one.

Edward-Norton-Twitching-On-a-Plane-In-Fight-Club-Gif.gif.a8fb01d33a0c609b2ded1f119a29106c.gif

On 11/13/2021 at 4:47 PM, grendelbo said:

Now, should we initiate a [freeze in submissions until the QA problems have been solved]? Take the number of [comicbooks] in [submission], A, multiply by the probable rate of [QA disasters], B, multiply by the average [cost of resoldering], C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a [submission freeze], we don't do one.

Edward-Norton-Twitching-On-a-Plane-In-Fight-Club-Gif.gif.a8fb01d33a0c609b2ded1f119a29106c.gif

1757937502_tenor-1(1).gif.73a2dd7a6d848e138d27f67c4f04af6a.gif