• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2021 at 3:48 PM, Iceman399 said:

This was a friends.  Sent down for the JRJR signing.  Not only did he sign it in invisible ink CGC also put the label notes of him signing it in invisible ink :banana: 

No photo description available.

My brain is having a hard time accepting this. Are we saying someone sent in a book for a signing, they forgot to have him sign it, and then they put it in a yellow label?

On 11/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, wombat said:

My brain is having a hard time accepting this. Are we saying someone sent in a book for a signing, they forgot to have him sign it, and then they put it in a yellow label?

Let's not jump to wild conclusions. He probably signed it on the centerfold.

The startling increase in the number of books I've gotten back with cracks on the right edge of the holder, excessive scuffing, multiple books damaged between grading and encapsulation.   Loss of my business income due to extended wait time between grading and the encapsulation process.  

If CGC doesn't have a full time Production Engineer dedicated to encapsulation.  What are they waiting for?  How many books do you accept back, how much is lost on return shipping costs, forward shipping costs, lost production time, damaged books compensated for, administrative costs with return orders.  

Why is it getting worse, when will it get better, when will things change?  I'm sure many would like to know these answers.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:09 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Im waiting for someone to just receive a label without a book or holder. And the label is wrong anyways.

Ok. I'm waiting for a holder with no comic book or label.

Edit: And the holder is cracked.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

I'm waiting for you get a package and you open it and there's nothing inside then you see this little fragment from the book you sent in.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, kav said:

I'm waiting for you get a package and you open it and there's nothing inside then you see this little fragment from the book you sent in.

Graded 9.9; maybe 10.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:23 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

And Stan Lee.

May he rest in peace.:peace:

from the kilometer high fragment pedigree.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, jsilverjanet said:

For those who have been here longer or have seen books graded by CGC, is this the lowest/worst QC has been?

I can't recall seeing as many issues like the ones posted here and everywhere else. The variance of errors (damage to books, wrong labels, upside down books), I wonder if this is the low point or have there been others?

I'd have to say that it's more common than I remember...

On 11/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, BEAUMONTS said:

Now that was an interesting read. The BBB aren't exactly 100% on the up and up themselves, but hey, if it helps hold CGC's feet to the fire, I'm for it.

Yikes. 

I sent them 15 cards to grade on March 12th 2021. If they each graded high, it would roughly, all together, be around 10 grand worth. I have contacted them numerous times, just to get a reply that they have received them and they are backed up, to be patient. I contacted them again today, October 6th 2021, they replied telling me that they "lost" all of my cards, and they were going to send me $1,395 for the loss. This is theft! My guess, they graded them high, knew what they could sell them for, and told me they lost them. This is insane and not a good business to deal with. They are dealing with high market items. How do you just lose something like that? Lame excuse, saying they switched locations and lost it in the move.

Desired Outcome

Finish the job; Delivery; Billing adjustment

R
Certified Guaranty Company LLC Response

10/07/2021

CGC apologizes for Customer's cards being lost. CGC is resolving the issue with Customer and compensating him for their fair market value so he can replace them and then have them graded at no charge. This remedy will put him back in the position he would be but for our mistake. Again, CGC apologizes to the Customer for this situation.