• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, Iceman399 said:

This sort of brutal mess up really calls into question if there are multiple copies of the books in the same submission with different grades if they are the correct grades.

Yup

It’s only a matter of time before this QC clusterfook has people wondering if the grades on the label match up with the book in the case.

Confidence in the product is everything, and confidence is quickly dissolving.

HAHAHAHA

I sent this in for a fresh slab because it had heavy Newton rings when I bought it. I got it for a good price so I figured...what the he'll...lets give it a fresh case.

It just came home and I'm happy to say there isn't a Newton ring in sight.

Now it has an ugly, wavy scratch instead.

HAHAHAHA

I laugh to keep from crying.

20211207_154521.jpg

On 12/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, lostboys said:

HAHAHAHA

I sent this in for a fresh slab because it had heavy Newton rings when I bought it. I got it for a good price so I figured...what the he'll...lets give it a fresh case.

It just came home and I'm happy to say there isn't a Newton ring in sight.

Now it has an ugly, wavy scratch instead.

HAHAHAHA

I laugh to keep from crying.

20211207_154521.jpg

Tis not a scratch mi'Lord

Tis but a mark made by the Fingernail of yonder Spawn

The book I sent back as a "mechanical error" that was received on 11/19 but not opened until the end of last week,was finally posted with a submission number (after a few weeks).only because  @CGC Mike was kind enough to ask where it was.  Now it's scheduled for grading. 

Do wrong labels need to be graded? Do I get grader's notes? Am I going to have to wait 57 days now?

I know people are working hard to fix things...but maybe we need a separate unit concentrating on fixing the errors until there are less to fix?

Edited by skypinkblu

On 12/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1664297650_Screenshot_20211206-2008012.thumb.png.bad408436befa43f7b350a2064a83ba8.png

I've seen this before, and have also seen this + missing inner sleeve.   Just raw book in case.

I've also seen CBCs TaTs increasing dramatically.

Wonder why.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, DR.X said:

Seriously, the amount of problems pouring out of there, someone needs to get their walking papers and a kick out the door. No excuse for most of these problems.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I would also add that since upper "management" doesn't want to address this,  or do anything about it , Blackstone should try to force their hand and send some of the upper level packing as well.

Especially since it seems , by their lack of communication about all of this , that they do not mind trashing the long standing reputation and customer base.