• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

I am kicking myself hard after Tuesdays comic link auction as an white paged 8.5 sold for only 3020.00, I did not even put a bid in at the end as I thought it was going to jump up at least 1200 to 1500 at the end.. Just a blip or things to come?

On 7/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, ickwinzs said:

I am kicking myself hard after Tuesdays comic link auction as an white paged 8.5 sold for only 3020.00, I did not even put a bid in at the end as I thought it was going to jump up at least 1200 to 1500 at the end.. Just a blip or things to come?

Oof...but then again you don't know what the top bid maximum was. Have you found one since? An 8.5 auctioned on Ebay last night.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Oof...but then again you don't know what the top bid maximum was. Have you found one since? An 8.5 auctioned on Ebay last night.

No, just after that a 9.0 sold for 3500. Just kinda wztching now. But I  fo want to upgrade from my 8.0

Edited by ickwinzs

Never thought I would own this book. It was my grail. Beginning of last year I did a search on the bay for a low grade copy. I just wanted a copy. Didn't care about value, I didn't plan to buy for investment potential but just own and enjoy one on display. I scored a 3.5 that displayed nicely for about $500. At the time I thought I was crazy paying that much for a book. Looks like I made a good move. Other day I seen a 3.5 for $1,500! Ya that would have been a no for me lol Oh and around the same time purchased a raw Spotlight #5 for $220 that came back a 3.5 from CGC. Looks like that was a good move too! 

On 7/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, ickwinzs said:

With 12,606 copies currently on the CGC census - this book is readily available and quite common in most grades.  That above sale price at the CL auction was perhaps $500 under GPA and a nice pick-up for the winner.  Neither a blip nor things to come when you have so-so-so many copies for sale / auction every day it seems - just a missed opportunity for you (assuming you could have won IT at the next increment).  My 2-cents. :preach:

Edited by Roger66

On 12/28/2021 at 5:37 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Never thought I would own this book. It was my grail. Beginning of last year I did a search on the bay for a low grade copy. I just wanted a copy. Didn't care about value, I didn't plan to buy for investment potential but just own and enjoy one on display. I scored a 3.5 that displayed nicely for about $500. At the time I thought I was crazy paying that much for a book. Looks like I made a good move. Other day I seen a 3.5 for $1,500! Ya that would have been a no for me lol Oh and around the same time purchased a raw Spotlight #5 for $220 that came back a 3.5 from CGC. Looks like that was a good move too! 

Awesome! Good to hear :)

I've similar instances of buying just to have a copy lol

On 12/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! Good to hear :)

I've similar instances of buying just to have a copy lol

Loved the character growing up in the 90's. Its pretty cool looking at it and saying Wow! This is the very first time we see The Punisher in the Marvel Universe! Such a cool feeling...

On 12/28/2021 at 5:58 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Loved the character growing up in the 90's. Its pretty cool looking at it and saying Wow! This is the very first time we see The Punisher in the Marvel Universe! Such a cool feeling...

Indeed! He's evolved fairly well since then, a lot of things haven't changed, but its told in a different way.

Those early instances are nostalgia filled (90's for me) I'm at least hoping people these days and whatever they grew up with brings the same feeling going forward. 

Ibe seen a few clicks that the punisher is doing away with the skull @nepatkm @Parabellum

So that's a bit unnerving, but I didnt click on it to find out why or if true.

Yeah, not excited about the logo change, or seemingly loss of guns (now ninja style, swords, stars, etc.  🤷‍♂️) with the Punisher working for/leading The Hand… Not to happy or sure how all of this will play out in the 13 prestige size issues starting March 9th.. :tonofbricks:

@ADAMANTIUM

D9DF9EE5-EFB2-4502-9BEF-D7AF13F8C9CB.webp

On 12/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, nepatkm said:

Yeah, not excited about the logo change, or seemingly loss of guns (now ninja style, swords, stars, etc.  🤷‍♂️) with the Punisher working for/leading The Hand… Not to happy or sure how all of this will play out in the 13 prestige size issues starting March 9th.. :tonofbricks:

@ADAMANTIUM

Are they going to change his name too?

Francis Castlina next?

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 12/29/2021 at 12:42 AM, nepatkm said:

@ADAMANTIUM

Yuk! That looks pants.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed! He's evolved fairly well since then, a lot of things haven't changed, but its told in a different way.

Those early instances are nostalgia filled (90's for me) I'm at least hoping people these days and whatever they grew up with brings the same feeling going forward. 

Ibe seen a few clicks that the punisher is doing away with the skull @nepatkm @Parabellum

So that's a bit unnerving, but I didnt click on it to find out why or if true.

Yes I seen an article about the skull. :facepalm: I'm really hoping it does not happen!