• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your top three 2014 superhero/sci-fi movies!

50 posts in this topic

1- Guardians of the Galaxy

2- Winter Soldier

3- Days of Future Past

Not many choices in 2014...

Interstellar was solid, but the science was flabby and Lucy was the same way...

Edge of Tomorrow was a runner-up, but I really dislike Tom Cruise (even though I liked this movie).

I thought Edge of Tomorrow was excellent.

Snowpiercer was entertaining, but I wish Chris Evans could find more work based on comics and graphic novels.

Snowpiercer was a great little sy-fy movie. I don't know, Chris has done a lot more funnybook movies than most (Fantastic Four, Scott Pilgrim, TMNT to name a few other than Captain America, The Avengers, Snowpiercer, The Losers).

Yeah, I was just being purposely stupid. ;)

He's kind of the Clint Eastwood/John Wayne of moviegoing superheroism, isn't he?

1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

2. Interstellar

3. GOTG

Those 3 movies were by far the best movies this year.

It was definitely a disappointing year at the movies. I wanted to enjoy so many more movies. My biggest disappointment was Godzilla. That movie did not live up to the hype generated by the commercials. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 were very forgettable movies IMHO. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was laughable. I have not bothered with Transformers: Age of Extinction, Big Hero 6, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'll wait for those to show up on cable.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 were very forgettable movies IMHO.
I hear you. I watched Lone Survivor for the first time last night. It's hard to compare heroic movies like that one with Captain America, when Nick Fury is using his laser thing to escape in convenient sewer systems under his overturned car or poorly staged 2nd unit shots at the climax. These funnybook movies are gonna have to ground themselves a little better in reality if they are gonna last longer. Special Effects can be a double edged sword. As believable they can look, it makes us care a whole lot less too. My 2c