• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

There’s 2.  I assume one of them is the first and only copy I’ve ever bought 

I have a mark jewler of ASM 129 so I feel your pain that it is "not always on gpa", as it's only now starting to click upward. Too that off with it is SS'd by Stan Lee, which there have actually been copies sold, but I will have to guestimate FOREVER!  :roflmao:

Edit ASM 129 is also free under gpaanalysis

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/8/2022 at 1:44 PM, kobra65 said:
On 11/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, littledoom said:

I remember when I had the chance to buy 9.8s for $30K!

If we could only turn back the clockslol

Let me tell you, if I could turn back the clock to buy comic books, it sure would be a lot further back than having to pay $30K for a Hulk 181.  :whistle:

On 11/17/2022 at 9:34 AM, JECEcollectibles said:

I feel like Wayne from Wayne's World...One day it will be mine..oh yes, it will be mine.

In the mean time, I just come to this thread to stare at copies hahaha.

Seriously the closest I’ve got to it is a Hulk 180

On 12/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, MultiSig Mike said:

Pages are now white.

hm

Pages should be Write, Cream, Tan, Brown or Brittle. W/OW is an impractical description. :sumo: CGC must've changed a lightbulb before the regraded.

Anyways, nice bump and a pretty book. Congratulations.

Edited by grendelbo

On 12/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, MultiSig Mike said:

Back from CGC after clean and press. Grade up to 6.5 from 6.0. Pages are now white. Got to add the new Wolverine custom label too.

20221223_112534.jpg

Congrats!

And another OW/W book becomes W. See, this, and the inverse, over and over.

Paying a premium for W page designation is :makepoint:

Hey everyone ,

I have a white pages copy that is a 9.0 from the other major grading company but want to maybe resub it to CGC . I know CGC slabs do demand a higher return so i was curious what everyone's thoughts are. 

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the long term hold on a 9.0 WP copy over the next 5, 10, or even 20 years? 

Think from a value point of you,  a CGC slab would.be worth more for sure. So it's worth doing it. A 9.0 with the other grading company is probably a 8.0 or 8.5 for CGC on average. This way, its possible you might get the same grade or even higher maybe with a C&P. I rly can't say long term but I expect the value to only go up. 

On 12/26/2022 at 8:57 AM, yoda12288 said:

Hey everyone ,

I have a white pages copy that is a 9.0 from the other major grading company but want to maybe resub it to CGC . I know CGC slabs do demand a higher return so i was curious what everyone's thoughts are. 

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the long term hold on a 9.0 WP copy over the next 5, 10, or even 20 years? 

I'll echo that, any time you regrade a book, you risk the grade changing. Are you ok with the risk of it coming back an 8.5? It could also come back a 9.2 or stay the same. 

You could take pictures or scans and post them in the "Spare a Garde" to see where others think it will fall. Just cut off the other guys label. 

As for which will have greatest value, I do believe there is a greater return on CGC. So all things being equal, there is a greater return on CGC books.  

Long term value, I see IH181 being absolutely fine. It's a big book that's always in demand. It sounds like you've got a great copy. You'll hear people say "there are too many copies", but people have been saying that for 30+ years. And it just keeps going up and up in value.