• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2023 at 10:17 PM, L.E. Gill said:
On 6/6/2023 at 9:36 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

First let me say.... (worship).    Second, let me say that whenever I see a "wall" like this I always sweat a little bit thinking that someone found another one that I need but don't have... lol.

Lol!  I think you mostly need to worry about that when @onlyweaknesskryptonite posts,

:roflmao:

:news:

Spoiler

Made you look !

On 6/9/2023 at 10:19 PM, L.E. Gill said:

I started working on a spreadsheet/ image gallery for DC Collector's 2 Packs similar to the one I posted for 20 packs.  Since @revat started this topic, boardies have discovered and shared over 75 unique DC Collector's 2 Packs with UPC variants.  Yes, I really did go through all 100+ pages of this topic looking.  There are two versions of the backing cards: the initial sets all had red accents and the later sets had gold.  The switch was around January 1995; Superman #96 DCU is the only comic so far that was packaged in both styles. I've separated the different backing cards into tabs; the tab for 2 packs with no DCUs is still in progress.  Shoutout to @onlyweaknesskryptonite who probably posted more examples of these than anyone else!

If the only difference between sets was which of the two comics was on the front of the card versus the back, I've only included one example.  If there are multiple sets with one comic the same and the other comic different, I've included all versions.  For a while, I tried to put them in some kind of order that made sense but along the way I gave up and started sticking them in randomly.  I'm sure I'll move them around someday.

If anyone has corrections or has other sets, please share!  You can find the 2 pack image gallery here.

Thank you. I keep telling myself I will actually get scans of all of my packs one day. :roflmao:

I can definitely understand the want to put them in some picture order, but may I suggest just putting them in released date order. 

I greatly appreciate the posts and amount of work to catalog these images and all of the information.  :golfclap:

On 6/9/2023 at 11:57 PM, L.E. Gill said:

Yes, I think you're right about release date order.  Since they aren't always the same month paired I'll probably go for whichever comic is on the front side of the pack to be consistent.  I think that will let us get the most use out of visually inspecting the data set.  

One thing I did notice, of the packs that have price tags present, the only ones from K-Mart were gold backer cards, and none of the K-Mart releases had any of the round 'minimum value' type stickers, though there were a fair amount of those on the Toys-R-Us releases.  It suggests to me that K-Mart may not have started stocking these until after 1994.  

Great detective work!   Thanks for shaing!

For anyone sending in DCUs/Zero Hour Logo books to be graded that don't pop up in the submission screen automatically and you have to manually add them-- most likely, they will not be correctly labeled unless you take a little extra action.  As soon as your submission shows up in the submission tracker, double check to see which books are correctly marked as Multi-Pack Editions, and then send an email to submissions@cgc.com politely listing out the errors and request they be given to the graders.  For me it was 100% correlated to which ones were already in the database versus ones I manually added. I also referenced the news release from September 2022 from CGC in my email.  They responded quickly and got it 100% resolved.  I think once more Multi-Packs are in their database it will become less and less an issue as the ones that were already available as multipacks came out correctly without my email.

The good news is doing that meant all the Zero Hour books I sent in my last submission are now labeled, no mechanical error returns necessary.  The bad news is whoever graded them hammered the entire batch of 50 comics I sent, lol. :cry:  I am not really complaining, it was just a lot of 9.6s or 9.2s mostly.  I still had a fair number of 9.8s but I am going to be interested to look more closely at some to see if I can figure out the reasoning because not a grader's note in the entire lot and a couple of the 9.2s are bewildering me.  Generally I approve of strict grading, so.... 

A few of the submissions: 

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271497002/ Zero Hour #2 Zero Hour Logo

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271497003/ Zero Hour #3 Zero Hour Logo

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271497005/ Guy Gardner: Warrior #0 Zero Hour Logo

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271497006/ Justice League America  #0 Zero Hour Logo

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4271497007/ Wonder Woman #0 Zero Hour Logo

Hey all - long time, no talk. I have a bunch of spare DCUs, probably about half a short box. If you have some that you are looking for your collection, feel free to send me a PM. Not looking to break anyone's bank or get top dollar, just something fair for everyone. I wouldn't mind trading for certain TPBs, HCs or Omnibuses as that is where my collection focus has shifted.

I'd really like these to go to those that are passionate about these issues first - otherwise I would just post a blowout sales thread in Copper/Modern. I don't have unfound variants after checking the list. Its mostly Flash, Superman, and Batman titles. All raw, except 4-5 Flash 9.8s and a sealed Terminal Velocity pack.

I came across a 20 pack for the first time in the wild the other day, thanks to this thread for some info. It was the pack with Batman Adv 14 in it. Whats a decent price for it/these? It was solid as a true brick! I was a bit stunned at that.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, Bird said:

I came across a 20 pack for the first time in the wild the other day, thanks to this thread for some info. It was the pack with Batman Adv 14 in it. Whats a decent price for it/these? It was solid as a true brick! I was a bit stunned at that.

I would think you could get approx $500 for the pack that has Batman Adv 14 if that comic book looks to be in NM.   Maybe more, but now there's hundreds of that comic book for sale, so people really don't need the pack to get a really nice copy.   But having it in the sealed pack probably makes it a little more special.   If I am out of touch with the actual selling price of a nice copy of Batman Adv 14, someone please chime in. [Oops... .I meant to say "If I am out of touch with the actual selling price of a nice copy of Batman Adv 12, someone please chime in."}

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 6/23/2023 at 9:37 AM, Bird said:

I think it depends on the month how much they tend to go for.  I personally would pay a lot more for a November 1994 than a July 1994, for example, just because it's one I don't have sealed and it seems to not come up for sale as often.  The November 1993 brick you are talking about is the first brick chronologically to contain any multipack variants in the form of a handful of the DC Bullet UPCs-- there are no DC Universe UPCs in that one  I think that one has come up for sale at least 2 times on eBay in the last year, and went for around $50-75.  I think if you can pick up a pack for $35 and under that has stuff you want in it you are probably getting a good deal.  Upper range prices seem to be in the $200 range for bricks that have more desirable issues in them.

Here's the contents of the one you are talking about (cut in case the lure of the unknown means you don't want spoilers):

Spoiler

Action Comics #693 (DC Bullet UPC Variant)
Adventures of Superman #506
Batman #501
Batman Adventures #14, 1st Print (DC Bullet UPC Variant)
Catwoman #4 (DC Bullet UPC Variant) 
Detective Comics #668
Flash #84 (Direct Sale) & Flash #85 (DC Bullet UPC Variant) 
Green Lantern #47 (Direct Sales UPC) 
Green Lantern: Mosaic #18
Justice League America #82
Justice League International #58 (DC Bullet UPC Variant)
Legionnaires #8
Robin #1 (DC Bullet UPC Variant)
Star Trek #54
Star Trek: The Next Generation #53
Superman #83
Superman: Man of Steel #27
Valor #13 
Wonder Woman #80

Pack includes one comic from December '93 (DC Bullet UPC Variant), 5 other multipack variants, & various direct editions. Green Lantern #47 is direct sales, but a DCU does exist from a box set.

On 6/23/2023 at 2:24 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I would think you could get approx $500 for the pack that has Batman Adv 14 if that comic book looks to be in NM.   Maybe more, but now there's hundreds of that comic book for sale, so people really don't need the pack to get a really nice copy.   But having it in the sealed pack probably makes it a little more special.   If I am out of touch with the actual selling price of a nice copy of Batman Adv 14, someone please chime in.

Are you thinking about BA #12?  Because the September 1993 brick is the one with BA #12 in it.  Seems like recent high sales were in the $450-$800 range for a sealed on on eBay but occasionally someone lists one that doesn't know what they have and they get scooped up for cheap.  I managed to score a sealed brick for $85 and I know at least one got sold in February for less than $100 that I missed. :cry:

On 6/23/2023 at 3:34 PM, L.E. Gill said:

Are you thinking about BA #12?  Because the September 1993 brick is the one with BA #12 in it.  Seems like recent high sales were in the $450-$800 range for a sealed on on eBay but occasionally someone lists one that doesn't know what they have and they get scooped up for cheap.  I managed to score a sealed brick for $85 and I know at least one got sold in February for less than $100 that I missed. :cry:

whoops.  I was thinking of BA #12 when I stated that a pack would be worth approx $500.   Thanks for pointing that out!

On 6/23/2023 at 3:59 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

whoops.  I was thinking of BA #12 when I stated that a pack would be worth approx $500.   Thanks for pointing that out!

I knew right away, thanks for the attempted assist though

Edited by Bird

On 6/23/2023 at 5:55 PM, Bird said:

I knew right away, thanks for the attempted assist though

Thanks.  I agree with the person above who said prices vary widely on those 10, 16, and 20 pack bricks.  A typical price is probably on the order of $50 to $150 unless we are talking about the one with BA #12

On 6/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

Thanks.  I agree with the person above who said prices vary widely on those 10, 16, and 20 pack bricks.  A typical price is probably on the order of $50 to $150 unless we are talking about the one with BA #12

I am tempted to go back when I am in the area next week. Thanks again.

Seems about time to add another.  Unfortunately I did find this one after it sold and technically this will be for the Logo thread as it isn't a DCU but I wanted to share it here as well since it is a multi pack variant 

Batman & Robin Adventures #11

20230615_184537.jpg.1ab79a15e3d0c384216bb7217034b921.jpg

On 7/3/2023 at 9:21 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Seems about time to add another.  Unfortunately I did find this one after it sold and technically this will be for the Logo thread as it isn't a DCU but I wanted to share it here as well since it is a multi pack variant 

Batman & Robin Adventures #11

20230615_184537.jpg.1ab79a15e3d0c384216bb7217034b921.jpg

Awesome, I posted about this one a while back.  I found 2 copies back then, but does this make a third?  Any idea how it was sold?

Edited by L.E. Gill