Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
19 19

1,796 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, Iconic1s said:

 

Hello!  Is there any significance to the different types of ST logos seen here?

6F33F661-5864-4828-A307-ED1A0920ADCC.thumb.jpeg.2b29bbf6238ae792a689029ca2ffddf4.jpeg

  Hide contents

852A002E-0CC8-4421-98D4-E9F9E67978E5.thumb.jpeg.1f9855f0fb2b14d60e212a4954dfa13d.jpeg

Separate question… anyone have any history on this Death of Superman logo?  Came across this when digging to look at these ST issues. Pretty sure I got it in a 20 pack.  Thanks!

741B7CC8-405E-45EF-A171-859B44089D08.thumb.jpeg.c3ecef7cd09519694450abc951a49ae2.jpeg

27252E99-494C-4FF2-8E86-FF143AECBBD3.thumb.jpeg.e8454d797c627494259e3c1c74e33b3e.jpeg
 

P.S.  sorry if the wrong place but figured we were already discussing ST and bullet logos…:foryou:

As far as I can tell all of these appear to be regular direct editions. I would still check the indica to make sure none are "collector's set/pack editions , or second printings" but I have not seen any of these that are. I have seen the ST # 49, 53, 55 in a sealed 3 pack,

Spoiler

20211107_113047.jpg.13b72f62d96a56e9c2f246f4f2a6f190.jpg20211107_113105.jpg.d7457cf85111e8914a7cefd93708f4dd.jpg

but again have not seen a later printing or different edition. Same goes for the GG #4 with the Superman Death logo. I would think that this was just used as a promo of sorts advertising the death. Let me know if you do find any distinction on the indica of any of these. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 11:36 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Let me know if you do find any distinction on the indica of any of these. 

Thank you!  I didn't see anything special when I looked at them earlier but will take another look.

The logo on the GG book kind of freaked me out. I missed it when I got that book in some pack and was wondering if they only did these in Jan 1993. Pretty cool nonetheless. May have to send that in with next submission. Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, Iconic1s said:

Thank you!  I didn't see anything special when I looked at them earlier but will take another look.

The logo on the GG book kind of freaked me out. I missed it when I got that book in some pack and was wondering if they only did these in Jan 1993. Pretty cool nonetheless. May have to send that in with next submission. Thanks again!

You are welcome.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2021 at 5:39 AM, Schoon’s Comics said:

Went to a local show that had 34 boxes of $0.50 comics. I found the Superboy in the first box and the Legionaries in the 33rd box.

Too bad you didn't start at the end  . . . . :whistle:

 

 

:baiting:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just when you thought that might be it for this year with new ones showing up...

:news:

Batman & Robin Adventures #5 

20211218_231819.jpg.1b7723b13ec0112cf6e42ba1ceab6e35.jpg

And 

Batman & Robin Adventures #1720211218_231902.jpg.0cc21f0605d3fcf1bcfff0a89441c8ce.jpg

I’ll update this week, great finds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, revat said:

I’ll update this week, great finds

Sounds good. I appreciate the work you have put into maintaining this list. Thank you.:golfclap:

Also I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, L.E. Gill said:

Wait, that Batman & Robin Adventures #17 has a cover date of April 1997, right?  Does that put it at the latest published DCU and the only known DCU from 1997?  I thought Superman #118 from December 1996 was the last before now.

That was the biggest WOW for me as well. 

Just makes me wonder what other books may still lurk out there.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first thought was the Kellogg's mail away action pack, but it was Batman & Robin Adventures #18, and photos show it to be a direct edition. I believe a boardie previously confirmed their Batman & Robin Adventures #1 DCU came from subscribing to the series, so perhaps this lends further weight to that theory. Or else there's a 'Best of '97 Set' or another 'Back to School' set somewhere out there.... What an exciting find!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, L.E. Gill said:

My first thought was the Kellogg's mail away action pack, but it was Batman & Robin Adventures #18, and photos show it to be a direct edition. I believe a boardie previously confirmed their Batman & Robin Adventures #1 DCU came from subscribing to the series, so perhaps this lends further weight to that theory. Or else there's a 'Best of '97 Set' or another 'Back to School' set somewhere out there.... What an exciting find!

It could be possible, but what I think is more likely would be some 2 packs that had some 97 DC Universe Logo in the packs. Closest to this I have found so far is this 2 pack that has a Superman #123 2nd print  although this is a direct edition  it is dated April of 1997 and opposite of it is Superman #118 DCU from December 1996. 20211221_202559.jpg.ce2d98c527192daa70dd6f858636d3f6.jpg20211221_202621.jpg.7a80a075dcab27a2740879c4b0da8336.jpgstill searching as you never know what may turn up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Superman #123 2nd print  although this is a direct edition  it is dated April of 1997 and opposite of it is Superman #118 DCU from December 1996. still searching as you never know what may turn up. 

Awesome stuff!

May 1997, not April, for that Superman #118. :baiting:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
19 19