• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2022 at 10:57 PM, bellrules said:

Does anyone know of any sales data on Superboy 32 DCU? I have no idea on how to price it as I cannot find any active or completed listings for one. 

550101FF-2B28-48AE-BC6F-52852AAE9D26.jpeg

I sold a low grade copy with a large stain on eBay for right around $10 in 2021. It is definitely not a common DCU.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, Parallax2025 said:

Not my listing but I saw someone on eBay had this for sale.  For those trying to find all the sealed packs, I hadn't seen this one mentioned before.  I'm not 100% sure if CARDS ONE was a distributor at the time or just some company who repackaged them as a reseller years later.

2051806152_s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.9385459829c850098f4e2ffffc84cb22.jpg156918954_s-l1600(5).thumb.jpg.4aba71af7c72ae9c547eba64ae9876c9.jpg

I suspect it's the latter case, but that's just my hunch.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, Parallax2025 said:

Not my listing but I saw someone on eBay had this for sale.  For those trying to find all the sealed packs, I hadn't seen this one mentioned before.  I'm not 100% sure if CARDS ONE was a distributor at the time or just some company who repackaged them as a reseller years later.

2051806152_s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.9385459829c850098f4e2ffffc84cb22.jpg156918954_s-l1600(5).thumb.jpg.4aba71af7c72ae9c547eba64ae9876c9.jpg

I have a few of these packs myself.  I think I got one of the uncommon DCU's out of this pack.   Thanks for sharing the photos!

I don’t know if this has been addressed here yet, but did all the issues in the Superman Wedding set all have DCU barcodes? I was sorting through my collection to store them separately, and cross referencing the master list so I could see how many I’m still missing (a lot it seems) and noticed that some of the issues mentioned on the back of the pack, are missing from said list. (Action 728, advs of Superman 641)

B8078D40-6A92-420D-918A-30A729932FAE.jpeg

On 2/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, bellrules said:

I don’t know if this has been addressed here yet, but did all the issues in the Superman Wedding set all have DCU barcodes? I was sorting through my collection to store them separately, and cross referencing the master list so I could see how many I’m still missing (a lot it seems) and noticed that some of the issues mentioned on the back of the pack, are missing from said list. (Action 728, advs of Superman 641)

I will have to try to dig to find out exactly which issues were , but if I remember correctly then I believe that the Superman #118 and the wedding were the only two DCU in that pack. 

Although I do think there was another time when I opened one and it didn't have the 118 DCU. 

Which I have found to be the case with the doomsday/funeral packs that those contents can also vary. 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:59 PM, bellrules said:

No copies of Action 728 nor Adv of Superman 541 (including those within the pack) have ever been found with the DC Universe logo on them.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:04 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

No copies of Action 728 nor Adv of Superman 541 (including those within the pack) have ever been found with the DC Universe logo on them.

The Man of Steel #63 also has not had a DC Universe Logo found either. 

On 3/1/2022 at 12:11 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The Man of Steel #63 also has not had a DC Universe Logo found either. 

Agreed.   Even though MOS 63, Action 728, and Adv of Superman 541 are all just barely within the dates (i.e. cover date of Dec 1996 or earlier) where a DCU variant could exist, we have never seen one.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:05 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

Agreed.   Even though MOS 63, Action 728, and Adv of Superman 541 are all just barely within the dates (i.e. cover date of Dec 1996 or earlier) where a DCU variant could exist, we have never seen one.

Thanks all. I didn’t want to open mine up as I like to keep ‘em sealed :)

On 3/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, bellrules said:

I sorted through all the ones I’ve bought over the years, and separated them into their own boxes. Despite having 1 longbox, and 2.5 short boxes of DCUs, I’m still missing over a 100 of them. 

I know the feeling.  My list is still 52 of them that I am missing. 

On 3/7/2022 at 12:11 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I know the feeling.  My list is still 52 of them that I am missing. 

This makes me wonder how many DCU variants exists.  I know @revat has published the comprehensive list earlier in this thread, but I don't think anyone has added them all up to see how many there are.

Thanks to @onlyweaknesskryptonite@archivist , @LikeEmScanned, , and others on this site, I've been able to get all of the known DCU variants in the titles I collect (namely, Batman, Detective, Adv of Superman, Action, Superman, Justice League, and Superman Man of Steel).  In just these 6 titles alone, I count approximately 200 DCU variants if you include the "stickered" ones as well.

Unrelated, but if you really want to go nuts, try to collect all the DC Mark Jeweler variants.   In just the titles of Batman, Detective, Superman, Action and JLA, I believe approximately 690 of those variants exist (I've found them except for 20 of them).

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 3/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

This makes me wonder how many DCU variants exists.  I know @revat has published the comprehensive list earlier in this thread, but I don't think anyone has added them all up to see how many there are.

Thanks to @onlyweaknesskryptonite@archivist , @LikeEmScanned, , and others on this site, I've been able to get all of the known DCU variants in the titles I collect (namely, Batman, Detective, Adv of Superman, Action, Superman, Justice League, and Superman Man of Steel).  In just these 6 titles alone, I count approximately 200 DCU variants if you include the "stickered" ones as well.

Unrelated, but if you really want to go nuts, try to collect all the DC Mark Jeweler variants.   In just the titles of Batman, Detective, Superman, Action and JLA, I believe approximately 690 of those variants exist (I've found them except for 20 of them).

The answer to your query is 544 individual issues (not counting stickered variants or second prints like GL 51) I added all the issues listed and was shocked by the sheer amount of these.  I have 286 thus far.

Edited by bellrules

On 3/8/2022 at 2:40 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just some of my observations.

My new finds seems to be slowing as of late , even though my searching has expanded.  It is mainly the odd lesser searched issues that I seem to stumble into. 

That and when I sorted them by date (month/year) other than that one outlier Batman Robin Adventures 1997 

It seems just a few months have been the ones still hiding. 

That said I am still waiting for a main run gap to be closed on a title like Batman,Superman, Wonder Woman , Green Lantern, but other than that one Green Latern 60 it has been awhile since any new of those has shown up, but back to the (month/year) most of the gaps in each title line up . Which suggests that those were not made.

If one of any of those should appear , then it would definitely be interesting as that might suggest that there may have been some made. 

The closest I've seen to a straight long run is in Detective Comics.   There's a DCU (or DC bullet or zero hour) UPC variant for every issue from 669 (Dec 1993) through 704 (Dec 1996) with the exceptions of issues 692 (Dec 1995) and 693 (Jan 1996).

On 3/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

The closest I've seen to a straight long run is in Detective Comics.   There's a DCU (or DC bullet or zero hour) UPC variant for every issue from 669 (Dec 1993) through 704 (Dec 1996) with the exceptions of issues 692 (Dec 1995) and 693 (Jan 1996).

I definitely would agree that the Detective Comics is the longest run. 

This also goes back to my list by dates. 

There have been no December of 1995 DCU found at all, which suggests that none were made. 

January of 1996 does have some though 

Animaniacs #9, Batman #526, Legionnaires #33, Superboy #23, Superman #108, Man of Steel #52, Superman Toyman #1 are some examples.  Need to really go back and finish, fix , and update my list to be more inclusive as it only has ones that I currently have on it and a separate list for the ones I am after/possibly still exist.  

On 3/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I definitely would agree that the Detective Comics is the longest run. 

This also goes back to my list by dates. 

There have been no December of 1995 DCU found at all, which suggests that none were made. 

January of 1996 does have some though 

Animaniacs #9, Batman #526, Legionnaires #33, Superboy #23, Superman #108, Man of Steel #52, Superman Toyman #1 are some examples.  Need to really go back and finish, fix , and update my list to be more inclusive as it only has ones that I currently have on it and a separate list for the ones I am after/possibly still exist.  

I agree none have been found from Dec 1995.   You can add Adv of Superman 531 and Justice League 107 to your list of Jan 1996 DCUs.