• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Official Movie Thread!

36 posts in this topic

Color me surprised.....apparently democracy has won out.

Now...if we can figure out a way to ban Roy

Hopefully everyone that complained about movie threads taking up too much space in Comics General will have the God given gumption to stay out of the Movie Kitchen ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Color me surprised.....apparently democracy has won out.

Now...if we can figure out a way to ban Roy

Hopefully everyone that complained about movie threads taking up too much space in Comics General will have the God given gumption to stay out of the Movie Kitchen ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

:applause:

Awesome timing, I just rented GotG.

:popcorn:

It was pretty good...the silly things that bugged me in preview clips (finger crank & the dance off w/Ronan) still bugged me - a lot of the other humour didn't work for me.

IMHO, it wasn't a great movie...it was a fun movie, of this year's superhero movie crop I'd put it far behind Cap & X-men - mostly because those had better stories and didn't have the cringe worthy scenes like ASM2's "bad stuff", GotG has forced humour & some overpowering music that took me away from the movie.

If I had seen it when it was released I probably would have been more impressed (forgiving?) - Groot/Rocket were fun but could have never lived up to the rave reviews posted here - Thanos & the Collector did nothing for me. Ronan, Nebula & Gamora :cloud9: were pleasant surprises.

It would be cool if someone went back through some of the old movie threads & got them moved over - not garbage like the 28 Man of Steel threads but the good ones like old Raimi Spidey flicks, Iron Man, Watchmen, Dark Knight etc..

hm

Maybe not the first Spidey flick 'cause that'd just be greggy, bugaboo & Beyonder posting red x's at each other for seven pages....

:D

...actually my "hey now" is in reference to Hank Kingsley from the Larry Sanders show-

but I wonder if Howard adapted his from there? Not too long ago I did a marathon (well, over a few weeks) and watched all the Larry Sanders episodes. Hank Kingsley was such a weasel, I loved seeing bad stuff happen to him. ha

Pretty sure that's where the "Hey Now" on Howard comes from. I remember him being a big fan of the LS Show and Hank, in particular.

...actually my "hey now" is in reference to Hank Kingsley from the Larry Sanders show-

but I wonder if Howard adapted his from there? Not too long ago I did a marathon (well, over a few weeks) and watched all the Larry Sanders episodes. Hank Kingsley was such a weasel, I loved seeing bad stuff happen to him. ha

Pretty sure that's where the "Hey Now" on Howard comes from. I remember him being a big fan of the LS Show and Hank, in particular.

I thought so too until I read this . Don't know if it's true or not.

Did you know that "Hey Now" did not originate wh the Larry Sanders show?? It really came from Mr. Roper on "3's Company". Who later worked with that Larry Sanders guy on "The Ropers" spin off. Where he stole the "Hey now" from Mr Roper and used it on the Sanders show.