• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your favorite LATE NIGHT 70'S and 80's MADE FOR TV horror/sci-fi movie?

104 posts in this topic

When I was a small lad... "It was a very good year"

If I was good, I was 'allowed' to watch Battlestar Galactica or the Hulk.

But there was not much going on when I was kid on TV so I rushed home or woke up early to watch GI Joe, Transformers and the one show that treated kids like adults... Voltron.

Voltron was serialized cartoons. One cartoon was compartmentalized but still part of an overall saga. I felt that I was really watching the 8 year old version of must see TV.

Gargoyles by far was amazing to me as a kid. I always get nostalgic even thinking about it. Thanks Bio-Rupp, now it will be my mission to get a copy of it.

Gargoyles by far was amazing to me as a kid. I always get nostalgic even thinking about it. Thanks Bio-Rupp, now it will be my mission to get a copy of it.

+ 1

It has been years since I watched this movie. Hopefully it holds up.

There was a TV movie called "Don't Go To Sleep", about a kid getting his shoelaces tied together before getting in to an auto accident with his family. He then violently haunts them. By the end, there's a pizza cutter rolling down the staircase igniting it on fire. It petrified me watching it when I was eight or so in '82.

Ghost of Flight 401, Terror Among Us, etc.

They made some really spooky, creepy and evil things on the major networks way back when. Wes Craven did a couple before Elm Street too.

Gargoyles

gargoylestv_zps28056be9.jpg

Gargoyle (1972) movie review

--------------------

Ever see a movie that scared the out of you when you were a kid and that seems really corny today (for more detail about that, see my review of THE GREEN SLIME)? This is not one of those times.

--------------------

I hadn't seen this film since it scared me as a kid but I was surprised at how well it held up. Yeah, the rubber outfits are cheesy and the ridiculously well lit caves are cheesy and the actual flying scenes are really cheesy but if you watch this movie at its level you can still achieve suspension of disbelief enough to be creeped out by the gargoyle noises coming from the dark desert. I give GARGOYLES three Shriek Girls.

--------------------

:applause:

Great choices all!

I remember all and these are my faves in order of preference.

1. Don't be Afraid of the Dark

2. Gargoyles

3. Trilogy of Terror

4. The Lathe of Heaven (Sci-Fi)

Anyone remember the name of this one?

All I remember was that the movie was set on a plane and there was a frozen dog in the cargo hold. Maybe Shatner was in it too hm

Thought it was kinda creepy too :D

Many, many to choose from... but I LOVED

Gargoyles

What's yours ? ;)

LOVED this movie as a kid!

I specifically remember them listening to the sounds on a tape recorder in a hotel room and it scared the out of me hearing that!

I loved Gargoyles as well. I remember as a kid that my friend had a cow`s skull, and he tried to pretend to everybody it was a real Gargoyle skull!

lol

Anyone remember the name of this one?

All I remember was that the movie was set on a plane and there was a frozen dog in the cargo hold. Maybe Shatner was in it too hm

Thought it was kinda creepy too :D

Horror At 37,000 Feet

1972 (tsk) not late 70s

Some funny reviews

It has Chuck Conners the Rifleman, the Professor from Gilligan's Island, Jed Clampet, and Captain Kirk!