• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your favorite LATE NIGHT 70'S and 80's MADE FOR TV horror/sci-fi movie?

104 posts in this topic

Anyone remember the name of this one?

All I remember was that the movie was set on a plane and there was a frozen dog in the cargo hold. Maybe Shatner was in it too hm

Thought it was kinda creepy too :D

Horror At 37,000 Feet

1972 (tsk) not late 70s

Some funny reviews

It has Chuck Conners the Rifleman, the Professor from Gilligan's Island, Jed Clampet, and Captain Kirk!

It's on youtube :D

Speaking of Chuck Connors, I loved the show "Werewolf" that came out in 1987. It was one of Fox's first shows when the network started.

Kolchak: the Night Stalker. Does that count? It scared me at age 10 or so, and 9 pm was late night back then.

Sure! The first two (Night Stalker and Night Strangler) were made for TV movies that were continued by the series. along with Gargoyles it is my favorite from those days.

Kolchak: the Night Stalker. Does that count? It scared me at age 10 or so, and 9 pm was late night back then.

Sure! The first two (Night Stalker and Night Strangler) were made for TV movies that were continued by the series. along with Gargoyles it is my favorite from those days.

Darren McGavin will always have a fan in me because of those shows. He was the scared hero and I was the scared viewer.

Darren McGavin will always have a fan in me because of those shows. He was the scared hero and I was the scared viewer.

Yeah, McGavin had a style about him that I really like. Also love the way he would say "Tony Vincenzo".

Speaking of Chuck Connors, I loved the show "Werewolf" that came out in 1987. It was one of Fox's first shows when the network started.

I remember that show. I loved the fact that Frank Lupo was the writer as lupo is Italian for wolf.

The entire series has been uploaded to youtube. Here is a link to the page. Each episode is complete in one viewing and are arranged in order.

barlow1.jpg

Salem's Lot? That was another good one!

I saw it recently,and it did not age well like Gargoyles! :cry:

'

Why would you watch this? I have nightmares about the boy floating at the window as it is, and I have not seen that scene for 25 years or so!

(Wait, is that The Lost Boys?)

I remember that show. I loved the fact that Frank Lupo was the writer as lupo is Italian for wolf.

The entire series has been uploaded to youtube. Here is a link to the page. Each episode is complete in one viewing and are arranged in order.

I saw that recently when I was looking for the dvd. I plan on sitting down and watching it soon :) I guess they keep trying to get the series on dvd but there are issues with a certain musical artist that is a major part of the background soundtrack not allowing it.

I saw that recently when I was looking for the dvd. I plan on sitting down and watching it soon :) I guess they keep trying to get the series on dvd but there are issues with a certain musical artist that is a major part of the background soundtrack not allowing it.

That is what I love about the Roku box or similar streamers to your TV. You can hit youtube and just settle back and watch things you haven't seen in years.

PS - I remember freaking out seeing Chuck Connors as Janos. He was the antithesis of Lucas McCain.

Yeah, McGavin had a style about him that I really like. Also love the way he would say "Tony Vincenzo".

He was a very versatile actor for sure. For me, he played the ultimate father in A Christmas Story. A lot of us had a father just like him. My father said his father was just like him even. lol