• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your favorite LATE NIGHT 70'S and 80's MADE FOR TV horror/sci-fi movie?

104 posts in this topic

Kolchak: the Night Stalker. Does that count? It scared me at age 10 or so, and 9 pm was late night back then.

Sure! The first two (Night Stalker and Night Strangler) were made for TV movies that were continued by the series. along with Gargoyles it is my favorite from those days.

Darren McGavin will always have a fan in me because of those shows. He was the scared hero and I was the scared viewer.

Yeah, McGavin had a style about him that I really like. Also love the way he would say "Tony Vincenzo".

He was a very versatile actor for sure. For me, he played the ultimate father in A Christmas Story. A lot of us had a father just like him. My father said his father was just like him even. lol

Night Stalker was great! There was one episode that sticks out after all these years that still creeps me out. It concerned a zombie coming back to life and killing people. Kolchak had to hunt it down while it was asleep, open it's mouth to fill it with salt then sew it shut. Just when you think you're going to see the needle go through the zombie's lip, his eyes open up! Great scary moment!

Kolchak: The Night Stalker was such a cool short series. I have all of these.

The Night Stalker (1972)

The Night Strangler (1973)

Kolchak: The Night Stalker (September 13, 1974 – March 28, 1975)

:applause:

Kolchak: the Night Stalker. Does that count? It scared me at age 10 or so, and 9 pm was late night back then.

Sure! The first two (Night Stalker and Night Strangler) were made for TV movies that were continued by the series. along with Gargoyles it is my favorite from those days.

Darren McGavin will always have a fan in me because of those shows. He was the scared hero and I was the scared viewer.

Yeah, McGavin had a style about him that I really like. Also love the way he would say "Tony Vincenzo".

He was a very versatile actor for sure. For me, he played the ultimate father in A Christmas Story. A lot of us had a father just like him. My father said his father was just like him even. lol

Night Stalker was great! There was one episode that sticks out after all these years that still creeps me out. It concerned a zombie coming back to life and killing people. Kolchak had to hunt it down while it was asleep, open it's mouth to fill it with salt then sew it shut. Just when you think you're going to see the needle go through the zombie's lip, his eyes open up! Great scary moment!

Indeed. I rank that episode (THE ZOMBIE), along with HORROR IN THE HEIGHTS (where Kolchak goes after the rakshasa, a Hindu demon), at the top of the series. THE ZOMBIE was extremely atmospheric and the final showdown still gives me the wiggin.

That scarecrow movie with the handicap dude in it. Scared the krap outta me when I was a kid.

YES!!! Thank you for reminding me of that movie. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. I believe it was "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" from 1981.

I looked it up and they have a 30th Anniversary Edition out on Blu Ray.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker was such a cool short series. I have all of these.

The Night Stalker (1972)

The Night Strangler (1973)

Kolchak: The Night Stalker (September 13, 1974 – March 28, 1975)