• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your favorite LATE NIGHT 70'S and 80's MADE FOR TV horror/sci-fi movie?

104 posts in this topic

I love 70's TV horror. The movies are great but there was this one episode of Night Gallery I was watching with my grandmother that scared the shizznat out of me. All i remember is the final shot of an old lady sitting in her rocking chair covered with vines. Had nightmares for weeks. I've never revisited the series so I have no other details but this thread reminded me of that.

I was addicted to Night Gallery as a kid! I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch (but I did anyways :shy:) and I do remember that episode vaguely. Something about how they were trying to evict that old lady and her plants were protecting her? (shrug)

The one that used to scare me was a short episode of a guy that gave this girl a weird broach that was this tiny rat like creature. When she spurns his advances he does something to activate the broach and it begins to grow as she walks home and it bites her in the throat killing her then scurries off into the dark ally! Scary stuff!

Then there was the Night Gallery TV movie with Roddy McDowell! (thumbs u

They were all made for TV. Another N Gallery fav was the antique shop that gets a painted over mirror. The cruel shop owner who mistreats her employees has a worker scrape off the paint and uncovers a doorway to a prehistoric land. He tricks the shop owner into walking in the mirror and then begins to paint the portal closed. The last part is painted shut as she comes screaming to get out and is trapped forever. The cruel shop owner was played by Zha Zha Gabor.

To this day all I have to say to my 35 year old kid brother is "Teddy did it!" and he laughs, but with a tinge of fear. I'd made him watch all the Tales From The Darkside shows and the "Ursa Minor" episode made him throw out his teddy bear.

To this day all I have to say to my 35 year old kid brother is "Teddy did it!" and he laughs, but with a tinge of fear. I'd made him watch all the Tales From The Darkside shows and the "Ursa Minor" episode made him throw out his teddy bear.

I remember all thoses epsiodes. Hell I was scared watching the show in the afternoon. What a creepy intro that show had.

Dead heat tie:

1)Trilogy of Terror

2)Dark Night of the Scarecrow

(TV making at it's best!)

I don't remember Trilogy of Terror I will have to look that one up.

I do however remember Dark Night of the Scarecrow still to this day. The trembling face behind the scarecrow when he was cornered I still remember to this day. :fear:

I remember all thoses epsiodes. Hell I was scared watching the show in the afternoon. What a creepy intro that show had.

My favorite is the episode where the ghost of a gambler comes back to bet that his bookie will die at a certain day and time. The bookie wins the bet but only by turning back the clock ( by just a few minutes) on the ghost. It ends with the bookie saying " This is great, I'm gonna die laughing!"

My favorite is the episode where the ghost of a gambler comes back to bet that his bookie will die at a certain day and time. The bookie wins the bet but only by turning back the clock ( by just a few minutes) on the ghost. It ends with the bookie saying " This is great, I'm gonna die laughing!"

That was an awesome episode. And the intro really was incredibly eerie.

That was an awesome episode. And the intro really was incredibly eerie.

There was two episodes from that show that seriously frightened me as a kid:

Inside The Closet

&

Seasons of Belief

Dead heat tie:

1)Trilogy of Terror

I don't remember Trilogy of Terror I will have to look that one up.

I do however remember Dark Night of the Scarecrow still to this day. The trembling face behind the scarecrow when he was cornered I still remember to this day. :fear:

Yes, and the scene where the men are celebrating their acquittal, and that breeze blows through the town, hinting Bubba is back for revenge, and the final scene in the pumpkin patch....just LOVE that movie!

Anyone remember this one?

Sssssss

MV5BMTMxNzc3NDY5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY1NDYyMQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

or one of my all-time favorites (although I don't remember it being on at night, usually a Saturday afternoon):

Frogs

MV5BMTQ0MjU3MTUxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTg1Mjg0NA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Not sure if these were made for TV or actually released in theatres, but I always saw them on TV.

Dead heat tie:

1)Trilogy of Terror

:applause:

Thanks to everyone who remembered the name of that one!