• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Can't wait for this movie. It is so cool that the special effects technology has caught up to the subject matter and they can make these characters breath.

I'll probably try to catch 3-D , even though the only movie that really rang all the bells for me in 3-D was Avatar. Our local Movie Tavern doesn't charge much extra for it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Titanic 3D!!! :headbang:

Joss can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I knew this would play well. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I hope you haven't seen any previews/spoilers. If ever there was a movie best watched cold, this is it.

1982 was THE ultimate geek out year for cinema and I have always thought it impossible to beat. But if there was any year that had the potential 2012 could be it but that's a tall order:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

Now that I think about it 1982 was the year for just about everything.

I was but a wee lad of 13 years old and working at Hi De Ho Comics in Santa Monica. Claremont & Miller were tearing it up with the legendary Wolverine Mini-Series while my 9th level Fighter was racking up the experience points. Experience points came in other areas too as I lost my virginity and held all the neighborhood records in Pac Man, Defender and Galaxian!

Judas Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance", Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast", Motörhead's "Iron Fist, Scorpions "Blackout" and Van Halen's "Diver Down" made a metalhead out of me.

Geez. And that's just off the top of my head. As Frankie would croon, "It Was A Very Good Year"

Guest Grails
1982 was THE ultimate geek out year for cinema and I have always thought it impossible to beat. But if there was any year that had the potential 2012 could be it but that's a tall order:

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

The Beastmaster

Creepshow

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Firefox

Porky's

Swamp Thing

and... MEGAFORCE!

As a 12 year old, I remember seeing the trailer for Megaforce and thinking, My life is now complete.

:facepalm:

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

The Beastmaster

Creepshow

Firefox

Porky's

Swamp Thing

and... MEGAFORCE!

As a 12 year old, I remember seeing the trailer for Megaforce and thinking, My life is now complete.

WOW!!! All of those came out in 82?!? Thats like 8 of my 15 favorite all time movies :cloud9:

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

The Beastmaster

Creepshow

Firefox

Porky's

Swamp Thing

and... MEGAFORCE!

A lot of those movies had a kind of 'B' movie charm which many of the new mega budget CGI blockbusters lack. Like much else today, new movies seem homogenized compared to those listed above, or maybe it's just the :preach: in me looking back with rose tinted specs?

I'm wondering if any UK fans would be interested in catching a showing with some visitors from across the pond?

My wife (Rachel Caine) and I will be in London on the 30th. We'll be free that afternoon and the following 3 days (May 1st, 2nd and 3rd) on the 4th after her book signing at Forbidden Planet (6-7PM) and on Sat., the 5th after 3PM (following a 12-2PM signing at Bluewater).

Feel free to PM me or discuss here; BTW, I'm a huge fan of Brit pubs, so we're open to continuing the Avenger party afterwards over a few pints if ameniabe. :headbang:

Oh boy, I can't wait for this movie.

On a side note, I wish the Fantastic Four would have been given this kind of treatment. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and now the Avengers, show how good the FF movies might have been. I'm hoping Marvel Studios gets the rights back from Fox.

Oh boy, I can't wait for this movie.

On a side note, I wish the Fantastic Four would have been given this kind of treatment. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and now the Avengers, show how good the FF movies might have been. I'm hoping Marvel Studios gets the rights back from Fox.

I don't see that coming, they already talked about a reboot and they have to do a movie at least every 10 years, or they lose the rights. I think this is how it works.

But this is why the studios make so many bad sequels. Not because they have a vision for a movie, no, just for not losing the rights. It sucks.

Poltergeist

Blade Runner

Tron

The Thing

E.T

The Road Warrior

48 HRS.,

Rambo! First Blood

The Dark Crystal

Conan The Barbarian

The Beastmaster

Creepshow

Firefox

Porky's

Swamp Thing

and... MEGAFORCE!

Megaforce was the movie I chose for my birthday movie, June 30, 1982. I could not have been more pumped to see it. It blew so bad that I almost had no words to describe it. Even to a newly minted 12 year old it was so unbelievably boring and bad. I can't think of anything else in the history of mankind that had such a huge delta between how awesome i thought it was going to be and how horrific it actually was. {Insert joke about me banging someone's mom}

I can say "Deeds not words" to my little brother and he will still crack up. Also, I have cut up at least 20 comics that have the back page ad for Megaforce to hide where my brother would find them later.