• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

512 posts in this topic

So now that the news is out which character brought on DC's Rebirth, does this mean we could be seeing another Watchmen film in the future?

DC Universe Rebirth: Things We Learned - SPOILERS

before-watchmen-doctor-manhattan4-09a0e-183507.jpg

The big reveal of DC Universe Rebirth is the identity of who stole those missing 10 years and relationships to weaken the heroes of the DCU, and by issue's end we find out that Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan is the one responsible.

Hints are left throughout the issue, such as the Comedian's smiley face button being found in the batcave, or the avatar of the New 52, Pandora, being killed by an unknown foe with her last words "a cruel, lonely monster".

I had forgotten about this.

Tim Blake Nelson Will Battle Hulk As ‘The Leader’ In ‘Incredible Hulk 2’ — With Or Without Ed Norton

“I feel Edward and I are well-suited for one another. It’s really fun collaborating with him, and he made these characters [in ‘Hulk’ and ‘Leaves’] better,” explained Nelson, revealing that although he’d prefer not to, he would return even if Norton is removed from the series.

“Well, I’m signed on to do ’Hulk 2’ and ’3’ whether Edward’s there or not, so it’s not even up to me,” he explained. “When I agreed to do ‘Hulk,’ I signed off for two sequels, so it’s a moot question. I certainly hope Edward is on the sequel — but that’s up to Marvel and Edward.”

Since the actor Tim Blake Nelson was the mysterious 'Mister Blue' in this movie - Dr. Samuel Sterns (The Leader) - will there ever be a chance in the near-future this comes about?

tim-blake-nelson-the-leader-the-hulk.jpg

Josh Brolin Doesn’t Regret Playing Jonah Hex & Would Return

Brolin recently spoke to Comic Book Resources about the DVD release of his latest film, Hail, Caesar! In the interview, the actor expressed his pride in Jonah Hex and its potential, despite his acknowledgment of how it turned out. His comments were brief, but the actor got right to the point, saying:

“People say, ‘I like your résumé, I like what you’ve chosen.’ I always appreciate that. I would still do Jonah Hex again. I don’t like the way it turned out at all, but I do think that there’s a good movie there. I think my intention was right. You’re never going to be perfect, man. You just do your best.”

Brolin has been vocal about the failure of Jonah Hex in recent months. Back in February, he opined on the failure of the film, what went wrong, how he’d remake the movie if he had the opportunity. There, he said that he envisioned Jonah Hex being more along the lines of High Plains Drifter, the 1973 film starring and directed by Clint Eastwood. Then, he suggested he would be interested in remaking the film:

“Oh, Jonah Hex, hated it. Hated it. The experience of making it — that would have been a better movie based on what we did. As opposed to what ended up happening to it, which is going back and reshooting 66 pages in 12 days…I remember when I was talking to Warner Bros. about doing [Jonah Hex], High Plains Drifter is what I put on the TV, I said, ‘That’s what I wanna do.’ I would do that movie still. If I ever had the balls to spend $5 million, which I don’t, I would do that movie, ’cause that’s the version of that movie that would have been successful, for sure. And it didn’t need to cost anything more than $8-$10 million.”

I really would like to see Josh Brolin in this role again, and I agree with him on the 'High Plains Drifter' approach. The animated Jonah Hex special on the Batman: Under the Red Hood blu-ray plays out like that, and is fantastic.

THE NEON DEMON Director Wants to Direct a BATGIRL Movie

yXKKIJJ.jpg

With Nicolas Winding Refn releasing his first-ever female-driven movie "The Neon Demon" this weekend, the director is tapping into a different side of his unique storytelling. But this isn't the first time the Danish filmmaker has wanted to make a movie with a strong female lead. After the release of his popular 2011 thriller "Drive," Refn said he really wanted to make a Wonder Woman movie. But Refn still wants to make a superhero movie.

"God, I would love to make one, it would probably be great fun," Refn told Business Insider this week. "I just don't know when it's going to happen. I very much enjoy my freedom creatively, but I also would love to make one of those big Hollywood films that costs a lot of money and has a lot of people running around with cell phones and all that insanity."

"What ones are left?" Refn pondered for a second. "You know the one I want to do? I want to make Batgirl. Let's get Warner working on it."

HBO’s Vice Principals Won’t Last That Long, But That’s Part Of The Plan

One new televisions series I’m excited about is HBO’s Vice Principals. The dark comedy series, which begins airing on July 17th 2016, is from Pineapple Express director David Gordon Green and Eastbound & Down creator Jody Hill stars Danny McBride and Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight) as two vice principals “who are an in epic power struggle, vying for the top spot: to be school principal.” Today we learn that the series will not be on the air for very long, only a couple of seasons. Learn why, after the jump.

At the premiere of Vice Principals, Danny McBride revealed that the series will only last a dozen and a half episodes:

“The whole series is only 18 episodes and that’s it. We just wanted to make a really long movie. It’s one school year and a complete story. This was an old screenplay that Jody [Hill] and I wrote back in 2006. But we needed it to be longer so we added and reworked it and broke it up into 18 segments.”

No shocker there...trailers looked horrendous for ghostbusters

None of those actresses are any good, in anything. I really wish they had some talent of some sort, but they totally are SNL dropouts.

I'm really surprised that the new Ghostbusters is not a huge hit. It had everything it needed to really leave its mark on film history. :insane:

lol It will leave a mark alright....skidmark