• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Mini-Con Charlotte NC Saturday January 31st

24 posts in this topic

I've never understood the idea of a 1 day show? You go through all that hoopla of lugging your books around and setting up for what 5,6 hours of show and that's it? I just don't get it.

So you don't understand the point of me driving an hour, hanging out with a bunch of like-minded people, getting early admission into a con to get some quality picking done and making well over $1k for my troubles?!? You obviously have never done a show.

+1

No I just call a spade a spade. You're forgetting:

1) Booth Cost

2) Food Cost

3) Time/Effort into setting up, possible risk/damage for a 5,6 hour show.

4) Gas cost

5) truck cost (?)

6) hotel cost (?)

and even somehow if you netted $1k after incurring all these expenses it still wouldn't be worth it for only 5,6 hours of show time. At least for me.

1percentdec17.jpg

have fun with your people

I've never understood the idea of a 1 day show? You go through all that hoopla of lugging your books around and setting up for what 5,6 hours of show and that's it? I just don't get it.

So you don't understand the point of me driving an hour, hanging out with a bunch of like-minded people, getting early admission into a con to get some quality picking done and making well over $1k for my troubles?!? You obviously have never done a show.

+1

1) Booth Cost

2) Food Cost

4) Gas cost

5) truck cost (?)

6) hotel cost (?)

and even somehow if you netted $1k after incurring all these expenses it still wouldn't be worth it for only 5,6 hours of show time. At least for me.

Dude,

I'd :takeit: day after day.

+1

1) Booth Cost

2) Food Cost

4) Gas cost

5) truck cost (?)

6) hotel cost (?)

I'm not forgetting any of that.

1) $125

2) $0 - I take my own

3) After the show I was packed up and hit the road in 14 minutes.....without using a hand truck.

4) Gas is $1.67 here. It cost me under $20 in gas.

5) Nope

6) Nope again

I'm not going to argue with you as I'm obviously not going to win you over. I'll just tell you that you're in the minority and you're not going to win your argument in this thread. I have a passion for comics and making the MANY satisfied customers that I have happy when walking away from my booth. I don't have to justify that with an hour or dollar amount when all the factors are so obviously in my favor. Period.

+1

1) Booth Cost

2) Food Cost

4) Gas cost

5) truck cost (?)

6) hotel cost (?)

1percentdec17.jpg

have fun with your people

FUNNY Stuff!!!!!!!

To EACH his OWN..................