• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Rami Admits he screwed up Spiderman 3

62 posts in this topic

That's different than what CC said, which is that essentially super hero movies after 2008 follow a formula and that's why the majority of the best films were all made after 2008. Which is silly.

I would have to disagree with that thinking. Although Marvel turned itself around at that point to control a portion of its own destiny, it isn't like all of a sudden a solid CBM -script template had been created.

'Blade' (1998)

'X-Men' (2000)

'Blade II' (2002)

'X2: X-Men United' (2003)

'Road To Perdition' (2002)

' Batman Begins' (2005)

'V for Vendetta' (2006)

Not all may end up as huge financial hits. But as creative magic, these stand out for me.

I watched the final Spider-Man vs Venom scene on youtube and it just comes off bad. I think some people liked this movie when it was released. I didn't. I wish directors that didn't like stuff would just walk away. It's easy to say something like this when you collected a massive paycheck.