• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What trilogy was better? Classic Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?

Best Trilogy.  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Best Trilogy.

111 posts in this topic

Star Wars started strong and got weaker? What about Empire?

I voted Star Wars. LoTR, while I love them, don't have the same magic to me, mostly because as someone noted, it isn't an original story -- the books told it all in advance. I watched star wars on VHS --- except Jedi which I saw in the theatre. I loved Jedi, couldn't get enough of it -- sure, the Ewoks were hokey, but there were some great Luke/Vader scenes, Yoda dying, the Endor speeder bike chase and the space ship battle near the death star. That original movie from 1983 with its effects holds up even today.

Think about that -- what other group of movies from nearly 40 years ago has effects that are still pretty good to look at.

BRIAN !!!!!! :cloud9::foryou::luhv::whee: ...... Where the hell have you been ? HAPPY NEW YEAR....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Star Wars here too..... by a small margin. SW was so groundbreaking and so much of what works today is a derivative of it......

Quoting wiki,

"George Lucas has acknowledged heavy influence of The Hidden Fortress on Star Wars, particularly in the technique of telling the story from the perspective of the film's lowliest characters, C-3PO and R2-D2. Lucas's original plot outline for Star Wars also had a strong resemblance to the plot of The Hidden Fortress, which would be reused for The Phantom Menace."

Just sayin

The Star Wars trilogy hands down. It's probably a bit overrated IMHO, but I was 18 when it started, so I don't have a childhood nostalgia for it. Still, the films are thoroughly enjoyable, even though none would likely make my personal top 100.

LOTR on the other hand I gave up on after the first installment. Beautifully crafted, but I got bored. I didn't particularly care for the books either, got about 2/3 through and stopped when I was in High School. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose, but I won't slag on the films, they obviously appealed to many, and I know I have favorite films that others think are .

"Hands down" & "end of story" - for you (the people that said it) but not for anyone that picked the choice you didn't.

:(

My choice is just a personal opinion. I would never say that my opinion is "the end of the story."

*shrug*

-slym

My choice is just a personal opinion. I would never say that my opinion is "the end of the story."

*shrug*

-slym

Those who feel their opinions are unshakably correct will never have new opinions. Period! End Of Story!!

*shrug*

Those who feel their opinions are unshakably correct will never have new opinions. Period! End Of Story!!

But opinions can't really be correct or incorrect... that's why they are opinions. That is like saying my opinion is wrong. It just doesn't work that way.

Example - "X-Men started in 1963" is an unshakeable fact

"X-Men is my favourite comic book" is just opinion, neither right nor wrong, just existing.

It's just weird to me that people will tell you their opinion is the only one, much less the only one that matters.

:sorry:

-slym

"Hands down" & "end of story" - for you (the people that said it) but not for anyone that picked the choice you didn't.

:(

*shrug*

-slym

What chord was hit Slym?

It wasn't an opinion it was a choice. The question was asked and I answered I ended my story with my choice. Not to sway anyone that my choice was what everyone "should choose". No negativity here man. Just vote and post your choice and move on. Unless you're looking for a sweet Friday thread. (thumbs u