• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish this board had "Like" and "Dislike" buttons

228 posts in this topic

There were two different star rating systems. In the beginning you could rate a user, you started out with 5 stars and a week later you were at three, because some people would go round giving everyone a one-star rating.

As you can imagine there was a lot of butt-hurt over this so it was discontinued, the second system was where you could also rate threads. That managed to outlast the user-rating for one maybe two years.

Thumbs up-Thumbs down would turn this place even more in Facebook, which a lot of people already think it is.

Just put people on ignore, I have over 25 users on ignore, no time for tools, shut-ins,self-obsessed loons, contrarians and people who think they *have* to participate in each and every conversation and voice their opinion on everything.

A 20-post limit per day would be fabulous, some people's head would actually explode after they had reached the day's quota and were not able to chime in anymore.

And maybe, just maybe a lot of people would think about what they were about to post if their posts were finite.

I set my emergency brake when I get into the car and there's this weird smell as I'm driving (shrug)

You sure you didn't eat a flaming hot Burrito a few hours earlier?

No, my exhaust is normal

A 20-post limit per day would be fabulous, some people's head would actually explode after they had reached the day's quota and were not able to chime in anymore.

And maybe, just maybe a lot of people would think about what they were about to post if their posts were finite.

I was on a board once that had something called "flood control" enabled. You could only post once per 60 seconds and if you wanted to post again, you had to wait until the 60 seconds was up. Even that, implemented here, would cause some heads to explode lol

Some people would reach that in two minutes and then be running on a hamster wheel the rest of the day with nothing to do.

Guest Grails

Just put people on ignore, I have over 25 users on ignore, no time for tools, shut-ins,self-obsessed loons, contrarians and people who think they *have* to participate in each and every conversation and voice their opinion on everything.

:applause:

meh

If you really can't stand people that sign their posts, just put us on ignore. I have been doing this longer than I've been a member of this site, and I am not stopping now.

-slym

I don't give a rat's one way or another but you have to admit, it's completely superfluous. It's not like we need to see '- Slym', or 'Peace, Chip' to know it's you guys. (shrug)

You guys chill out.

Dr.X :acclaim:

There were two different star rating systems. In the beginning you could rate a user, you started out with 5 stars and a week later you were at three, because some people would go round giving everyone a one-star rating.

As you can imagine there was a lot of butt-hurt over this so it was discontinued, the second system was where you could also rate threads. That managed to outlast the user-rating for one maybe two years.

Thumbs up-Thumbs down would turn this place even more in Facebook, which a lot of people already think it is.

(worship)

:gossip: I sure am glad I can see your posts.

(worship)

I <3 you Joey.

(worship)

I <3 you Joey.

^^

Joeypost likes this thread.

(worship)

I <3 you Joey.

^^

Joeypost likes this thread.

doh!

Yeah, and then they would...

Wait a minute. Why do we care who posts and when? Are we trying to control the boards again to make it only the way certain people want it?

Maybe the better approach is to worry less if people have signatures at the bottom of each of their posts, or how frequently they post. It's a chat board. People are going to chat.

I mean, look at all those fine points being missed in locked threads. We need to do something about that.

:ohnoez: