• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-Man Teaser Trailer

32 posts in this topic

I am definitely teased - I don't like being teased.

Did anyone go the Entertainment Weekly site to watch the additional tease?

EW actually had some interesting commentary on the new trailer. Their theory is that...

...Hank Pym is going to appear as Yellowjacket, as Pym - not Darren Cross - is actually the real villain of the film, manipulating Lang for his own ends.

Looks good.

I really don't understand the running jokes about his name though. It's not like he's the first character to be named after an insect or animal (shrug)

Size isn't everything. :gossip:

That teaser...was kinda bad. The tone of it seems like they don't know how to push it (serious action or goofy comedy); gave me a Green Lantern vibe after watching it.

At least it sounds like a good take on the Marvel Premiere #47 story involving his daughter. Regardless i'm hopeful for it.

Now that I rewatch it again I think one of my major beefs with it is the music.

Guardians of the Galaxy had a catchy '70s songs in the marketing, which helped efine the fun tone (a balance to all the action it showcased), whereas Ant-Man has super generic dramatic soundtrack which sounds like it was cut from a failed Batman movie.

Hopefully the film retains as much of Edgar Wright's imprint as possible, but that might be a tall order considering his efficient use of the screen and his command of visual gags is idiosyncratic to his vision. I guess it'll depend on how detailed his storyboards, notes and -script were before he passed them onto the current director.

I also agree with Sauce-Dog above that the score sounds like generic super-hero music (cue Hans Zimmer-light music), but hopefully Edgar left notes on the music cues as well, considering his movies make great use of retro-pop tunes, which integrate well with the storyline of each movie.