• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-Man Teaser Trailer

32 posts in this topic

Hopefully the film retains as much of Edgar Wright's imprint as possible, but that might be a tall order considering his efficient use of the screen and his command of visual gags is idiosyncratic to his vision. I guess it'll depend on how detailed his storyboards, notes and -script were before he passed them onto the current director.

I also agree with Sauce-Dog above that the score sounds like generic super-hero music (cue Hans Zimmer-light music), but hopefully Edgar left notes on the music cues as well, considering his movies make great use of retro-pop tunes, which integrate well with the storyline of each movie.

Really? All this off a trailer? A teaser? Teaser's rarely use anything original when it comes to music. C'mon, you know this. lol

Hopefully the film retains as much of Edgar Wright's imprint as possible, but that might be a tall order considering his efficient use of the screen and his command of visual gags is idiosyncratic to his vision. I guess it'll depend on how detailed his storyboards, notes and -script were before he passed them onto the current director.

I also agree with Sauce-Dog above that the score sounds like generic super-hero music (cue Hans Zimmer-light music), but hopefully Edgar left notes on the music cues as well, considering his movies make great use of retro-pop tunes, which integrate well with the storyline of each movie.

Really? All this off a trailer? A teaser? Teaser's rarely use anything original when it comes to music. C'mon, you know this. lol

No one expects the scores in trailers to be ORIGINAL, but rather marketed correctly with something MEMORABLE / UNIQUE. This trailer didn't have that. The music didn't invoke much of anything.

I think the vibe they are trying to set is, "just because its called ant-man don't think this wont be a big budget, exciting, thrilling movie, with good actors, but oh yah, its still called ant-man, and we know how silly that sounds."

Basically, "this is still going to be a good Marvel Universe movie, dont let the name throw you." Which is similar to how they disarmed people for Guardians with its teaser. "they call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy??" or how they introduced Shield's acronym, "Strategic Homeland....etc, what does that tell you?", "someone really wanted our name to spell Shield".

Marvel has had success in taking comic things that average people would find lame, having some self-deprecating humor at their own expense early on, as a way to prevent any bashing of it. It's worked up to now, so I would expect them to always handle anything too nerdy in that fashion as long as it keeps working.

People complain in comments about that lack of seriousness with respect to something like the ant-man name, but these movies arent just for the extreme minority of people who actually have read ant-man comics. They are for everybody, and I think its great they can keep stuff in it that would otherwise have to be changed, simply by not taking the movie/themselves so serious to the point that it becomes pretentious.

I like it. This Ant-Man seems much more interesting then the Henry Pym comic book version. It`s amazing how Marvel Studios keeps taking b-list characters and making them cool and hip for mainstream audiences.

They have a little more leeway because those B-listers don't have decades of mainstream audience pre-conceptions. Which is great - I like that they are doing some great stuff with these characters.

I am definitely teased - I don't like being teased.

Did anyone go the Entertainment Weekly site to watch the additional tease?

EW actually had some interesting commentary on the new trailer. Their theory is that...

...Hank Pym is going to appear as Yellowjacket, as Pym - not Darren Cross - is actually the real villain of the film, manipulating Lang for his own ends.

If that's the case, I'm in. (thumbs u

-J.