• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All of the Guardian's 1st appearances

11 posts in this topic

I was doing a comparison this morning of all the characters that were introduced in the GOTG movie.

I only used GPA data so it may not be 100% accurate because of missing data.

1st here is the order of appearance within the Marvel universe:

1960- Groot

1967- Ronan

1968- Yondu

1973- Thanos/Drax

1975- Gamora

1976- Starlord

1976- Rocket Raccoon

1985- Nebula

And here is a value list:

Yondu: intro 1968 MSH 18 9.8 = $19,000

Groot: intro 1960 TTA 13 9.0 = $14,000 (I'm guessing based on what the last 7.0 went for)

Thanos: intro 1973 IM 55 9.8 = $5155

Drax: intro 1973 IM 55 9.8 = $5155

Rocket Raccoon: intro 1976 MP 7 9.6 = $3150

Starlord: intro 1976 MP 4 9.8 = $2300

Ronan: intro 1967 FF 65 9.6 = $1500

Gamora: intro 1975 ST180 9.8 = $1100

Nebula: intro 1985 Avengers 257 9.8 = $130

Gamora & Nebula comes out as the losers as far as value of 1st appearance. I can understand Nebula because she is the most modern character and she had a minor role. But Gamora?

Any thoughts on this? Was she also the least popular of the group?

Yondu & Groot are the big winners as far as value. But they are the oldest, rarest, and probably the hardest to find in high grade.

I can't imagine MSH would fetch that much anymore.

Remember, that price was for a 9.8. A 9.8!!! You know how hard it is to find super high grade square bound books?

The last 9.6 sale for an MSH was exactly one-half of that which you see on GPA. I would imagine that a 9.8 would perform similarly, if not worse, if it came to auction now.

MP 4 in a 9.8 can be has for $1600 now. That's about two-thirds down from its high. A 9.6 MP 4 would likely experience a similar decline if someone were to put one up at auction.

-J.

I can't imagine MSH would fetch that much anymore.

Remember, that price was for a 9.8. A 9.8!!! You know how hard it is to find super high grade square bound books?

The last 9.6 sale for an MSH was exactly one-half of that which you see on GPA. I would imagine that a 9.8 would perform similarly, if not worse, if it came to auction now.

MP 4 in a 9.8 can be has for $1600 now. That's about two-thirds down from its high. A 9.6 MP 4 would likely experience a similar decline if someone were to put one up at auction.

-J.

I've seen ST180 start to drop in price too.

So now that the movie spike is done we'll see them all go down a bit and level off until the next movie?

I guess with my original post I simply thought it was interesting that Gamora's 1st appearance was no where near as high as the other characters.

With the exception of Thanos, I keep thinking "WHO?"

I am pretty sure Drax the Destroyer and Groot will be household names by the time the GOTG trilogy gets completed.

Groot already is in my house. My 3 year old loves him. I'm not sure about Drax though hm

You don't think Rocket will be too though?

It's an interesting analysis.

A few of those books were heavily shilled on ebay. Now numerous over eager buyers are left holding the bag. If normal market forces had been in play I have no doubt the "ccorrection" in prices post movie hype would have been far less severe.

And now it's happening again on another wave of books. People have such short memories. :tonofbricks:

-J.