• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANTASTIC FOUR #5 CLUB : THE DOOM SOCIETY
10 10

220 posts in this topic

Grader's notes on that second copy:

large split center of spine
light spine stress lines

Definitely a gorgeous 3.5 -- I believe there must be a grade ceiling in effect for any book with a serious spine split, though I forget what it is.  Other than that defect, assuming the back cover isn't a mess, it's hard to see much to complain about!

On 9/2/2022 at 4:15 PM, fishbone said:

Ummmm.....why is this 3.5 only !!???    is it a complete mess inside ?   Makes no sense to these eyes

Front center right has a tear (Sue Richards word bubble). Also, a small piece out of back cover corner, spine ticks, very faint sub crease, etc. Overall I think it got hit a little hard by grader. 

FantasticFour_005_2.thumb.jpg.4cc6869b29106d2a90ceff65a7082b94 (1).jpg

Edited by The Man Without Beer

I thought the CL FF 5 3.5 went a bit too low. I was thinking closer to 15-20K.  After CL fees, Dan got what he needed to get out of it based on the trade/cash deal we did for the Hulk 1. If I didn't have a 6.0 of the FF5, I would have kept the 3.5.   

On 9/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, Kevin76 said:

I thought the CL FF 5 3.5 went a bit too low. I was thinking closer to 15-20K.  After CL fees, Dan got what he needed to get out of it based on the trade/cash deal we did for the Hulk 1. If I didn't have a 6.0 of the FF5, I would have kept the 3.5.   

??? the last 3.5 sold a week ago on heritage for 9k. your copy going for 50% over the most recent sale is an enormously high price! well deserved for a phenomenal looking copy, but expecting it to go for more than that would be pretty crazy. 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, alexgross.com said:

??? the last 3.5 sold a week ago on heritage for 9k. your copy going for 50% over the most recent sale is an enormously high price! well deserved for a phenomenal looking copy, but expecting it to go for more than that would be pretty crazy. 

If a DD 168 9.8 can hit 13K, that FF 5 3.5 can hit 15-20K  

On 9/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, The Man Without Beer said:

Front center right has a tear (Sue Richards word bubble). Also, a small piece out of back cover corner, spine ticks, very faint sub crease, etc. Overall I think it got hit a little hard by grader. 

FantasticFour_005_2.thumb.jpg.4cc6869b29106d2a90ceff65a7082b94 (1).jpg

yeah, still harsh man!  beautiful looking book, looks way better than my 4.5