• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie Hebdo comic - Auction ends in 30 minutes.... look at the price already..

50 posts in this topic

People are stupid. If you head over to ebay France, you can pick up a copy for 100 euros (but why would you !? There will be over 5 million copies in circulation). If you are in Paris, you can pick up a copy for 2 euros lol

I remember when the Rolling Stone X-Files cover with Duchovney/Anderson in bed that was released in Australia only (initially too racy for the US, but released later). I had a guy pay me $250 to find one on the bulletin boards (Ebay wasn't really Ebay yet in 1995/1996). Found one for $40 from a guy in Australia. He shipped me two copies, sold one and kept one. Tore the cover off a few years ago and framed it. Take THAT! Rolling Stone collectors!

People go nuts for something that they simply can't wait for.

Usual print 60,000 copies. Something like 5 million will be printed. 1 million copies sold by 6-7 am lol

Yes, I was told that more will be delivered tomorrow and all the way to sunday.

yup.

Not a comic but a newspaper. They were sold out this morning at 6am.

I know. I have one.

in French ?

Yes. Bought from a newsstand in Paris.

Where ?

Le Newsstand?

I know. I have one.

in French ?

Where ?

No idea. I am not in Paris but had a friend queue up for me. I asked her to get three long before we knew it would be so hard. She only got one.

I know. I have one.

in French ?

Where ?

Le Newsstand?

Wish it were so simple. At Nation Metro station it was sold out at 6am. I tried 4 kiosks on Boulevard Montmartre (heart of Paris) at 8 am. Zip. Nada. All sold out.

I know. I have one.

in French ?

Where ?

Le Newsstand?

Wish it were so simple. At Nation Metro station it was sold out at 6am. I tried 4 kiosks on Boulevard Montmartre (heart of Paris) at 8 am. Zip. Nada. All sold out.

When does the next round of newspapers come out? Do you have to camp out somewhere and wait for the truck to arrive?

I know. I have one.

in French ?

Where ?

Le Newsstand?

When does the next round of newspapers come out? Do you have to camp out somewhere and wait for the truck to arrive?

Yes. Many places people were there at 3 or 4am and only a small fraction of the camping people got one.