• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie Hebdo comic - Auction ends in 30 minutes.... look at the price already..

50 posts in this topic

if that is an image of the prophet -- I don't get the big deal. First-- just a cartoon. Second -- he looks like any other guy wearing a turban. Not to racist or anything-- I just don't get why they make such a big deal out of this image thing. I can't read French either -- is it saying that it is a picture/drawing of Mohamed or is the reader just supposed to understand that?

freaking religious stuff like this boggles my mind. Our family is not religious and don't really talk about others who are or aren't-- just not our thing. Though we do occasionally throw a prayer to the Spaghetti Monster god prior to a meal.

That someone is willing to fight a war of this stuff is ludicrous.

I think this is great any way youre looking at it. This is just another way to promote Charlie Hebdo's freedom of speech vision. I dont think this is cashing in on it, matter of fact Im pretty sure the 20,000 auction was shilled and served its purpose well. Not for the seller, but for what millions of people marched for - awareness of this horrible horrible tragedy.

I'm sure that this will make news. Just as well as it should!

Good for the seller, I fully support any enthusiastic support for promoting this epic publication, including eBay sales!

note the cancelled bids for this auction:

Member Id: 5***a ( 126Feedback score is 100 to 499) Cancelled: US $25,000.00

Bid: Jan-14-15 12:30:11 PST

Cancelled: Jan-14-15 13:57:04 PST

Member Id: c***c ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Cancelled: US $5,000.00

Bid: Jan-14-15 11:31:15 PST

Cancelled: Jan-14-15 11:39:48 PST

pretty sure someone did put that screwball high bid in -- they will never pay that much for a stupid newspaper.

If I were the publisher, I would auction off the original art and give the money to the survivors of the deceased or some kind of anti terriorism group.

I love that now you can see the Interview any time you want to.

Gotta let terriorists know we won't cower in fear...