• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any experience with Collect Insure?

16 posts in this topic

I'll say this though. Every time this is asked, prior threads are referenced and suggested, and I think only one time I saw someone say "Yes, filed a claim and was reimbursed", and I don't remember them being very detailed on what happened and how the claim process worked.

I bought a policy from them for peace of mind as it was only about a hundred bucks for the year, but still a bit worried if something truly would happen. The contract they provide is very detailed though, and I think as long as you document your collection well, you'd be alright.

All heresay, but...

I also only have heard of the one claim which was paid quickly and with little hassle. But have heard from somewhere that they drop you after a third claim.

That makes sense. Where'd you hear that?

All heresay, but...

I also only have heard of the one claim which was paid quickly and with little hassle. But have heard from somewhere that they drop you after a third claim.

That makes sense. Where'd you hear that?

here here but they both seem to point back to here ultimately.

Since they supposedly cover comics being mailed, I wonder if they'd drop you after three mail-related claims? I was surprised they insure that situation at all.

One of the main reasons I have a policy with Collect Insure is because they cover mail shipments - it's one of their own main selling points.

I've had one claim with them in 4 years of service - it was paid out quickly and with a minimum of hassle, but it did result in my premium going up the next year.

Unless I read my contract wrong, mailing is only covered if you have a contract specifying you are a dealer. I got the collector only one, and didn't mention mailing, unless I somehow missed in the fine print (but i think I read it pretty thoroughly).

I have the collector one. I don't have the policy in front of me but I believe standard mail is covered up to $200 (I could be wrong on exact figure) with your regular policy. Covered for more if you require signature on delivery I think. Can anybody back this up?

My policy reads as follows (I didn't make any specific requests, so I would assume this is standard):

- $200 for "no signature required shipment" (all the USPS options)

- $2,500 for "signature required shipment" (USPS insured, certified and signature conf, and UPS)

- $60,000 for "signature required shipment" (USPS Registered mail, USPS express mail, Fedex)

So, yeah, there's a reason why I always ship FedEx :)