• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone else pokes as many holes in The Flash show as I do.

18 posts in this topic

This article partially encapsulates why I can't stand The Flash show:

http://io9.com/the-flashs-iris-west-is-the-worst-blogger-ever-1680425461

Now, to give a little background: I really like the Flash. I think that the silver age Flash was a good stab at giving a superhero and internal life. Also, I have at least one comic from all the incarnations. So I don't hate the Flash, and I really really wanted to like the show. But dammit is it horrible. Really? They built a particle accelerator in the middle of Portland Oregon, and when it exploded there were absolutely noooo arrests or casualties?

Clearly I gave up after the second episode, so sorry about the late-to-the party.

Anyhow, check out the article.

The Flash could be filled with horrible Christopher Nolan-sized plot holes, and I'd still watch it because Grant Gustin is great in his role.

Plus, if you've seen the X-Files episode 'The Unnatural' you are automatically a fan of Jesse Martin and required to watch anything he's in.

And - catastrophes with no arrests is pretty much how our government operates.

You should give it another chance - it's a fun show.

Ha! Touché. I remember that X-Files episode too. I think I haven't seen it since it aired originally.

Ok: So what about Constantine? I tried to watch the first two episodes and it was painful, but I've heard that it got good.

So what about Constantine? I tried to watch the first two episodes and it was painful, but I've heard that it got good.

Constantine gets better with every episode, pretty much. The pilot was not great (IMHO), but it really has improved by leaps & bounds.

-slym

Ha! Touché. I remember that X-Files episode too. I think I haven't seen it since it aired originally.

Ok: So what about Constantine? I tried to watch the first two episodes and it was painful, but I've heard that it got good.

There's about 31 pages of discussion that would say for the most part otherwise. This show has been amazing.

Constantine TV Show thread

As far as Flash goes, that one has about 70 pages with the majority stating the show is one of the best.

Flash TV Show thread

I'd check these out and see if you agree with the feedback.

I just know that it could have been better.

It looks like they may be canceling it anyway, which would give Del Toro a lot more creative bandwidth in the JLD movie. There was this interesting nugget I found on Screen Rant, discussing the dismal numbers of the series.:

http://screenrant.com/constantine-ratings-drop-cancellation-renewal-season-2/

"...[Greenblatt] admits that the the audience levels earned by the “dabbler” in the dark arts grow significantly with delayed viewings..."

Seems to me that what this basically implies is that Constantine might have been better off as a binge-watching property à la Netflix.

Bosco685 - Thanks for the links. I'll probably look like I'm a troll if I give my opinion on these forums, but I'll check them out nonetheless.

Cheers.

You're a member of the forum. Why would your opinion be any less than anyone else?

:foryou:

So what about Constantine? I tried to watch the first two episodes and it was painful, but I've heard that it got good.

Constantine gets better with every episode, pretty much. The pilot was not great (IMHO), but it really has improved by leaps & bounds.

-slym

I read that Constantine might not get the order for the rest of the season, which bums me out. I hadn't gotten a chance to sit and watch it yet. Sounds like it had a rough start like AOS, but getting better.

I just know that it could have been better.

It looks like they may be canceling it anyway, which would give Del Toro a lot more creative bandwidth in the JLD movie. There was this interesting nugget I found on Screen Rant, discussing the dismal numbers of the series.:

http://screenrant.com/constantine-ratings-drop-cancellation-renewal-season-2/

"...[Greenblatt] admits that the the audience levels earned by the “dabbler” in the dark arts grow significantly with delayed viewings..."

Seems to me that what this basically implies is that Constantine might have been better off as a binge-watching property à la Netflix.

More than anything, I'd blame that on the day & the time slot it was put into. Only old *spoon* like me are sitting home on a Friday night watching TV. (Settle down, folks, it was only a joke...)

:(

-slym

Oh no, I don't mean in a pity-party sort of way; but since I'm new I don't want to be the guy who comes in and take a dump on the party. If they like the shows, it's not like they're wrong and I'm right.

Oh no, I don't mean in a pity-party sort of way; but since I'm new I don't want to be the guy who comes in and take a dump on the party. If they like the shows, it's not like they're wrong and I'm right.

Hey, everyone has opinions, and if you've looked around this site... you know people aren't shy about expressing them.

(thumbs u

-slym

I think that's one of their best episodes (and I've got plenty on that list) - there's just so much that's good about it - it transcends the rest of the show in it's own way. And today, of all days, would be the day to give it another watch.

Hey, everyone has opinions, and if you've looked around this site... you know people aren't shy about expressing them.

(thumbs u

-slym

+1

The slot definitely plays a part in it. However, I don't think you can underestimate how much network television dilutes these characters. Then there is also the added handicap of having to deal with censors. I know that this thread would have been an entirely different conversation had Constantine, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham et al. been on Showtime, HBO, or Netflix. In short: I blame the suits at the network.

This article partially encapsulates why I can't stand The Flash show:

http://io9.com/the-flashs-iris-west-is-the-worst-blogger-ever-1680425461

Now, to give a little background: I really like the Flash. I think that the silver age Flash was a good stab at giving a superhero and internal life. Also, I have at least one comic from all the incarnations. So I don't hate the Flash, and I really really wanted to like the show. But dammit is it horrible. Really? They built a particle accelerator in the middle of Portland Oregon, and when it exploded there were absolutely noooo arrests or casualties?

Clearly I gave up after the second episode, so sorry about the late-to-the party.

Anyhow, check out the article.

You like silver age Flash comics but think this show is illogical?

funnycomic_flash.jpg