• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch my slab collection grow from scratch to BIG $$$ scratch!

292 posts in this topic

thanks jimbo!

Hey anyone want to trade? I have some OA I would trade for some slabs if anyone wants.

Rachel Ketchum / Rick Magyar Star Trek : TNG page 6

Rachel Ketchum / Rick Magyar ST: TNG page 7

Rachel Ketchum / Rick Magyar ST: TNG page 8

Karl Moline X-Men Origins: Emma Frost page

th_stTNGp8_zps0e516490.jpgth_stTNGp7_zps0a4dc51d.jpgth_stTNGp6_zps524f9338.jpgth_moline1page_zps77aeb523.jpg

Edited by Bird

More OA for trade

Andy MacDonald (pencils, inks) Red Warrior p 84

Andy MacDonald (pencils, inks) Red Warrior p 85

Andy MacDonald (pencils, inks) Red Warrior p 86

Andy MacDonald (pencils, inks) Red Warrior unlabeled page

Andy MacDonald (pencils, inks) Red Warrior p 96

th_REDWARRIORp84_zps868736e8.jpgth_REDWARRIORp85_zps7a3b45bf.jpgth_REDWARRIORp86_zps45b2ab05.jpgth_REDWARRIOR4_zps7f39355f.jpgth_REDWARRIORp96_zpsa2d08ea3.jpg

Edited by Bird

I am mainly interested in Dr. Strange and related titles such as the Defenders or even Tomb of Dracula. Inhumans. Early Valiant by BWS and other Barry Smith titles such as his X-Men issues and Conan if I decide to spend some cash. Frank Miller covers: Valiant and classic Marvel/DC moreso than modern Dark Horse. Great covers by Walt Simonson, Art Adams, Jim Steranko. X-Men. Spider-Man. Great covers with The Falcon, preferably a Kirby Falcon.

I can also trade for some devastatingly awesome art, but that would take some awesome slabbage and maybe some cabbage as well.

HlCBZMIi_1401151444121.jpg

Arantza Sestayo Red Sonya graphite on 11x17

Darwyn Cooke over dave Bullock layouts - Wonder Woman REAR

B8dzv6IIMAAmn-m.jpg

Edited by Bird

I bought 2 Kamandi slabs off Heritage last night. It seems they are going to ship them with my OA from the same auction, this is a nice surprise as clink made me checkout separately for my slabs and OA.

It is freeing having absolutely no idea what the GPA or expected value of the slabs I am buying is. I just buy it if I like it. I have too many already, but I figured it was worth trying to combine shipping with the OA I already bought so I bid and "won". I bought the OA to hopefully flip for trade later in the month. If I cannot get it put into the trade I will PIF it perhaps. But if I get it taken in the trade then the slabs become essentially free, which is the goal.

Anyway, here are the slabs I got at Heritage last night, paid for but not yet shipped.

B9-_ZlOIgAEr-yt.jpg

I bought these for the one on the left particularly. I may move the other one if anyone wants it, it is $28 shipped! :eek:

I show many of my purchases here before I have them in hand but will post pictures of them on the shelves when they actually arrive.

Edited by Bird

One of my favorite HC's is a collection of that storyline.... I just read it for the umpteenth time not long ago. A very intense story.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

well, I think we are all blessed if we have the lifestyle to computer gab and collect awesome stuff!

I love BWS and Weapon X. I have a page on my wall as well. Got it directly from BWS Studios.

BWSweaponXscan.jpg

The wife was given a stern talking to and will have the drapes up to contain that sliver of light by weeks' end. I will then be able to arrive at a more aesthetic arrangement of the slabs, but here they are all ten lined up as best as current circumstances allow.

What a choice page from the story. I've been a huge BWS fan ever since I bought Avengers 66 at the Newstand. I really wish Storyteller had been released in the traditional comic size and been more successful.... some really neat stuff in there... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u